For The Hardcores

Recently, I started a new website. A few years ago I posted a thread here with an article I was writing about Dan Henderson’s resume. Well that idea morphed into something bigger in my head, which led to some more ideas I had for topics to write about in the MMA space. This is a bit of a passion project for me, and making it an official public website, I have intentions to make money off of it eventually. For now I’m just gonna keep chugging away at my keyboard. Right now I’m posting articles pretty irregularly but I plan to add series’ with some shorter content to keep things moving, while I write the bigger pieces.

The website and brand is called “For The Hardcores”. It is full blown amateur shit right now, and will be for a good while. But so far I have been having fun with it, and wanted to share it with y’all. It isn’t much right now, but it’s the beginning of something fucking cool. Here’s the link:

36 Likes

Holy fuck you wrote all this on your own?

1 Like

Yes sir. These articles in particular (The Uncrowned King ones) take a lot of work to get through. Watching every single fight, using the scoring system, etc… Even if I have seen the fight, I still rewatch it. I have a list of fighters to cover in this series. Although I will have other shorter pieces, a lot of my work will be long form writing, or at least more analytical in nature.

7 Likes

I’ll read the Fedor article later. It better be good or else.

threaten everybody hates chris GIF

3 Likes

Thanks man. I plan to cover other topics in MMA that are rarely, if ever, talked about. I got the inspiration for “uncrowned king” from threads here on the UG where we all discussed guys that never became a UFC champion but faced a lot of top guys over their career.

4 Likes

Lol. I wondered if you’d show up here. It’s not really a good or bad type of article. It doesn’t have a lot of my opinion in it. It just goes over all of the ranked wins he had in his career which, spoiler alert, he had a lot of. In the intro I did talk a little about career as a whole, and I think the article reflects really well on his legacy.

Edit: there are two articles, part 1 and part 2.

1 Like

Hey, I disagree whole heartily about Hendo having the best resume ever, BUT I respect and appreciate the time and effort you put into writing all that. You are truly a Hardcore

You’re the fucking man

1 Like

Sounds good bro

1 Like

Read the both the Hendo articles, great shit man!!! Will absolutely continue to read whatever else you put on there

1 Like

I plan to explain all of this in an article of its own. The two part piece I wrote on Hendo is not me saying he has the best resume ever. In fact, the goal of this series is to pretty much eliminate my opinion entirely. The whole point is to use a numerical point system to give each ranked win a “score”. Those individual scores get added up at the end. The final number would be that fighter’s total score.

In this comparison, Fedor scored 57.5, and Hendo scored 111. Based on numbers alone and zero opinions, Hendo’s resume beats out Fedor’s pretty handily. Why didn’t I include this explanation in one article before I actually posted any other content? Because that would make sense. But this explains it.

1 Like

Hell yeah dude, thanks for reading. I appreciate the love.

1 Like

It’s much easier for someone like Hendo to have a better resume than Fedor since he fought in multiple weight classes.

And he actually challenged himself in the UFC

He already fought the best he could in Pride, he just needed that one fight with Ramage and everything else was easy

fighting in the UFC was a step down for Pride guys

3 Likes

Rampage, Big Nig, Shogun were all half the fighters they once were while in the UFC and still won titles. Imagine if they came sooner. They would have held the belts for longer

3 Likes

I don’t want to turn this great thread into a ufc v. Pride thread but this is not true at all lol

Shogun Rua lost his ufc debut, and finished with a losing record in the promotion

Wanderlie was 1-2 in the ufc before going on his epic Pride run (losses to Belfort and Ortiz) then lost his first fight back in the promotion to Liddell. Finished with a losing record in the promotion

Cro Cop… my dear Croatian head kicker… won his debut against a can, then got his head knocked off and into oblivion. Then lost his next fight as well. Finished with a losing record in the division

Rampage Jackson and Overeem are the only two “Pride fighters” that finished with a winning record. But Page lost to forrest. Lost to Rashad. Lost to JBJ. Overeem got beat badly a lot after USADA came to town

So no ufc was not a step down for pride fighters lol

I see your reading comprehension got the best of you again huh lol? What’s the graduation rate for High schools in Warren, 20%?

I’ll help you out my intellectually delayed friend…. All the best guys were in Pride. They all fought and killed each other. Took half of their life span away. They came to the UFC half of the fighters they once were.

Three managed to win titles even at 50% of the fighter they once were.

The best LHW and arguably UFC’s greatest champion in Chuck Liddell got murdered by Rampage in Pride

6 Likes