forrest has a decent shot at beating anderson

if he plays the randy couture "just win baby" grind it out style to use his size advantage to press anderson against the fence, take him down and keep him there

Posted this on the thread that everyone else chose to post on:

Anderson will win via TKO, likely with a devastating counter off a kick like he did against Irvin. The Anderson of today is nothing like the Shogun who lost to Forrest, or the Rampage who couldn't stop a leg kick to save his life. Of course anything can happen Forrest just has no reliable answer for Anderson's standup; he'll get caught and won't be able to recover.

I think Forrest has just as good a chance of beating Anderson as anyone does.

Anderson won't play stupid games with Forrest.

Forrest will win.

i definitely think if forrest loses it will be via a very bad KO..but with anderson's recent tentativeness, I'm not so sure it will happen...forrest has enough skills to avoid damage on his feet...and i have a strong feeling that he can take anderson down and not get subbed while on top...

How is Forrest going to take Anderson down? Being bigger doesn't necessarily make takedowns easier. Anderson the best counter striker in the sport, his footwork is effortless and unpredictable, and his agility is second to none. Plus he has the best MT Clinch in the sport in case the distance is closed.

Anderson via KO Round 1

no he doesn't

I think Anderson wins this, decisively. I think Forrest is going to have a REALLY hard time taking Anderson down, and Anderson is going to pick Forrest apart on his feet.

First, on Anderson resisting the takedowns, Anderson's takedown defense has improved dramatically. He was able to stuff a lot of Thales' shots. Shots from the outside aren't going to work on Anderson. Unless Forrest fights in the middle range, he won't get Anderson down.

But an added twist is that I believe Forrest will have one less tool in that middle range. Based on the James Irvin fight, Anderson will make you pay for throwing low kicks. And based on the Forrest / Rashad fight, we can see that Forrest leaves himself exposed while throwing that kick. Forrest would be stupid to throw leg kicks against Anderson. Without fear of leg kicks, Anderson can focus harder on stuffing shots and winning points from clean strikes.

On the feet, Anderson wins for obvious reasons. However, again Forrest is at a disadvantage because low kicks are an integral part of Forrest's game. (e.g. against Rampage). Without the ability to slow Anderson down, he is going to get worn down and picked apart. He may be able to get Anderson down once or twice in response to one of Anderson's flurries, but he will soon be physically taxed by the effort and get stuffed for the rest of the night.

Because Forrest has a chin of granite, and heart to match, I don't see this going to KO or TKO. I think this goes UD for Anderson, 29-28.

Anderson steps it up a notch when he faces a top-level challenge.

He wins this by devastating TKO.

Brian Rule - How is Forrest going to take Anderson down? Being bigger doesn't necessarily make takedowns easier. Anderson the best counter striker in the sport, his footwork is effortless and unpredictable, and his agility is second to none. Plus he has the best MT Clinch in the sport in case the distance is closed.

Anderson via KO Round 1

rich took him down...forrest is a better wrestler and much bigger than rich

i believe forrest has a very strong chance at winning, can take ungodly amounts of punishment and still press forward i think he will use his size and chin to press anderson in a way we havent seen yet. eitherway its a great fight that i trully have no favorite in, but i will pull for forrest as an underdog.

Anderson via brutal KO.

Brian Rule - How is Forrest going to take Anderson down? Being bigger doesn't necessarily make takedowns easier.

Anderson has fought eight people in the UFC, and five of them took him down. The other three were Leben, Irvin, and Cote - none of whom made a single takedown attempt.

Every single person who has tried to take Anderson down in the UFC has succeeded at least once.