Four HW fights at Bellator 8/24

Some real legit HWs here. Always down for a Kharitonov and Minakov fight and Moldavsky is damn good, Fortune coming along with huge potential.

Bellator 225 Quick Card

Matt Mitrione  vs.  Sergei Kharitonov 265 lbs

Vitaly Minakov  vs.  Javy Ayala 265 lbs

Timothy Johnson  vs.  V. Moldavsky 265 lbs

Nick Newell  vs.  Corey Browning 155 lbs

Tyrell Fortune  vs.  Rudy Schaffroth 265 lbs

Kastriot Xhema  vs.  Rodolfo Rocha 170 lbs

Alejandra Lara  vs.  Taylor Turner 125 lbs

Austin Vanderford  vs.  Doug Usher 185 lbs

Sabah Homasi  vs.  Micah Terrill 170 lbs</p>

It should be a mini tournament. Winner of Mitrione/Kharitonov vs winner of Timothy Johnson/Moldavsky and Minakov/Ayala winner vs Fortune/Schaffroth winner. The winners of all of those match ups can then compete for number 1 contender. However, Bellator will probably mess that up somehow.

Nice to see PVZ's husband back in the cage, although I don't understand why he'd go up to 185.

He's 7-0 with 5 finishes and - unusual for Bellator - he's never fought a guy with a losing record. His 10-3 opponent has 9 finishes. 

Tug Dabone - 

Nice to see PVZ's husband back in the cage, although I don't understand why he'd go up to 185.

He's 7-0 with 5 finishes and - unusual for Bellator - he's never fought a guy with a losing record. His 10-3 opponent has 9 finishes. 

Might be tired of cutting weight and might see an easier road to big fights at MW vs WW.

Kinda a weak card

The Closed Guard - 

Kinda a weak card

Mitrione, Kharitonov, Minakov, and Moldavsy are all top 25 HW’s.

I’ve seen a lot worse cards.

BJ Penn Forever -
The Closed Guard - 

Kinda a weak card

Nick Newell also.

I think it’s an excellent card.

quality -
BJ Penn Forever -
The Closed Guard - 

Kinda a weak card

Nick Newell also.

I think it’s an excellent card.

21-0 Yaroslav Amosov getting added to the card as well per reddit and his instagram. No clue who he is fighting.

Make it a one night 8 man tourney. Interest in the card will double.

RKing85 -

We have been down this road.

AC's won't let anyone fight more than seven rounds a night in the US.

BJ Penn Forever - 
RKing85 -

We have been down this road.

AC's won't let anyone fight more than seven rounds a night in the US.

I don’t give a shit what the AC’s allow. I want what I want and I want one night tournaments.

It has been scientifically proven that one night MMA tournaments make the world a better place.

Bellator Nation? @BellatorNation

The Caveman Dave Rickels (21-5) will take on undefeated 25-year-old Ukrainian Welterweight Yaroslav Amosov (21-0) at #Bellator225 at @Webster_Arena in Bridgeport, Conn.

The best two HW cards of August are this Bellator card and last night's PFL. Crazy the #1 promotion in the world can't even produce a better HW card than the #2 and #4 promotions.

UFC has like five HW fights booked and they are all on different cards.

The #1 promotion in the world sort of sucks at promotiong HW MMA right now IMO.

Just Bleed™ Heavyweight Report :

- Mitrione: 15 finishes in 19 pro fights (79%)

- Kharitonov: 31/34 (91%)

- Minakov: 19/22 (86%)

- Ayala: 15/18 (83%)

- Moldavsky: 4/9 (44%) (boo)

- Johnson 12/17 (71%) 

- Fortune: 4/6 (67%)

- Schaffroth: 6/6 (100%)

Above average potential for some HW bangfests, although I hate to see a low percentage finisher (lookin' at you, Moldavsky) matched up with a guy who has a marginal history of finishes - in both wins and losses - especially when they have only one victory by finish in the past 3 years between them. 

Strictly based on history, expect 3 of the 4 HW fights to end early. Pretty good chance of being an entertaining card.

(Rickels vs. Amosov and Vanderford vs. Usher could have finishes as well, and even if they don't they should be action-packed.)

The more I look at this card, the more bummer I am that I am out of town that day and won't be able to watch.

Does Schaffroff stand a chance vs Fortune? Tyrell's last opt was amateur level but Tyrell looks to be the real deal

Moldavsky out.

Looking forward to the Fortune, Minakov, and Kharitonov fights tomorrow.

WTF? Five of the fights are at catchweights (1@140, 2@165, 2@175).

Bellator is truly the "don't give a fuck" promotion.

Tug Dabone -

WTF? Five of the fights are at catchweights (1@140, 2@165, 2@175).

Bellator is truly the "don't give a fuck" promotion.

UGers= UFC should do catchweights, fuck this cutting BS.

UGers= Bellator is doing catchweights, they truly don't give a fuck.

Once again you can't win on this site, probably what Dana and many others realized before leaving.