Francis simutaneously humiliated the UFC and boxing tonight šŸ¤­

Lennox Lewis is the only one Iā€™ve seen so far that thinks Fury won

1 Like
2 Likes

Lol at AJ letting his hands go on Francis

1 Like

Both fury and usyk didnt know what to do. That fight is dead. Everyone knew who won the fight.

Fury looked and acted shellshocked as soon as he got hit.

Francis is the champ in everyones eyes

1 Like

Fury could say he trained all he wants, he overlooked Francis and it almost cost him. He was never a physical specimen, but Fury looked like shit

5 Likes

Tbh Francis didnt even looked like he tried here

2 Likes

and he doesnā€™t have to give most of the money to Dana/UFC like conor had to when he fought floyd.

Huge win for Big Frank.

11 Likes

Letā€™s be real here. Ngannou actually lost the fight and now he either has to become a boxer and go for the belts or go back to MMA and potentially get beaten by someone in a shonky organization.

4 Likes

What you meant to say is that heā€™ll make more money in boxing by his next fight than Jones has in his entire careerā€¦ and lol @ losing. Fury may have made it close by boxing rules (even though I had him down two rounds), but make no mistake he got his ass kicked in there, beat up, knocked down, and humiliated by an MMA fighter who had his first fight :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

He lost the fight according to the judges and thatā€™s all that matters moving forward in his career.

Fury didnā€™t know what to expect hence why he kept swapping to southpaw. Now there is footage of Ngannou and how gassed he got in the later rounds, itā€™s over for him in boxing.

For a start noone from boxing will bother fighting him unless he dedicates himself to boxing and has multiple fights. But he is meant to be a MMA fighter for an organization that paid him handsomely.

If all he is interested in is making money - then he will do pretty good. But I canā€™t see him rematching Fury for the title unless he has 4-5 boxing fights and works his way up to the top.

1 Like

There is already word that Fury and Usyk is offā€¦ Francis will be ranked in the top 10 and may get an insta-rematch.

The judges were never going to give Francis a decision. He needed a knockout and it was predictable that he would fatigue, but even then he was still landing the better shots.

2 Likes

I find the insta rematch insanely hard to believe. Itā€™s just not going to happen. Francis needs to work out what he wants to do - be a boxer or an MMA fighter. No one is going to fuck around waiting for this guy.

He got very badly fatigued in the later rounds and Fury looked like he was just warming to the occasion. Fury would smash him with a proper camp and the belt on the line. Itā€™s similar to Volk/Islam in Australia. It needed to be sorted out there and then.

2 Likes

Most of the claims are based on hearsay right now, but Fury will definitely want to fight Francis again. This diminishes his legacy considerably and a fight with Usyk right now loses momentum after that performance even if he decides to fight him next. I donā€™t doubt he has the ability to come back much stonger, but there is also the possibility that Francis has his number. He has Wilder like power only a much better chin. If he can easily walk through Furyā€™s shots again and land with that power heā€™ll always be a problem for Furyā€¦ esp with a near even reach

1 Like

Is boxing a joke today? When tuning an exhibition match between a 34-0 pro and a former UFC fighter, Iā€™m expecting the UFC fighter to come out unconscious and barely alive.

2 Likes

Iā€™d expect the same if it was a legitimate fight between a known boxing opponent and the belt was on the line. But it wasnā€™t. It was an exhibition fight. Ngannou is good there is no doubt, but the circumstances donā€™t paint a clear picture.

I think its a lot worse for boxing than for the UFC tbh. If anything this has probably helped the UFCs credibility a little through helping MMAs credibility, and helped offset the damage those Jake Paul fights had been doing.

Say what you will about the UFC and Dana but they keep on going whatever happens. They always find some new shit to sell people before long. Losing Ngannou doesnt hit them that hard.

1 Like

On top of being able to walk through Furyā€™s shots and displaying much better and chin and power, Ngannou dominated Fury in the clinch which is where Tyson is usually the best in the business with his mauling style. I think the clinch was actually one of the instrumental factors in initiating the madness on display tonight. Francis is bad news for Tyson.

I donā€™t watch much boxing and hope to hell the UFC never turns into the sorry state of that sport with its pitiful matchmaking, but I am a certified genius and can get a read on fights and fighters with the swiftness.

2 Likes

If the Conor/Mayweather fight opened the door for UFC fighters to act like divas and chase after boxing paydays, this fight will tear it right off the damn hinges. This is not good for the UFC at all.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/pfl-srj-sports-investments-pif-saudi-arabia-events-mena-league/?zephr_sso_ott=DPe8F3

1 Like

Thatā€™s idiotic. Thereā€™s all the difference in the world between a split decision and him losing decisively.

3 Likes

It was their first fight and Fury had no idea what to expect. We know Ngannou started his career with boxing. He looked like dog shit after the 5th round. The fact that Fury won just shows what an exceptional boxer he is.

1 Like