Frank Trigg 'Bully Beatdowns' Mayhem Miller

Pretty crummy picture but good action

yeah mayhem isn't a very good fighter tho... not a big win who cares

Yuji was waiting for a mortal kombat finish

yeah but he beat kennedy who beat thompson who beat daley who is facing kampman on the main card at ufc 103......u follow?

tempus - yeah mayhem isn't a very good fighter tho... not a big win who cares

Is mayhem the only guy to get Triggs back and NOT finish him? I really enjoyed watching Trigg smash him

:)

I love knees & kicks to a downed opponent in MMA.

Miller is a tough fucker taking a beating like that and not tapping.

tempus - yeah mayhem isn't a very good fighter tho... not a big win who cares

wtf are you talking about? Mayhem may be a jackass but he's also a damn good fighter.

when did this fight occur?

orbit - Miller is a tough fucker taking a beating like that and not tapping.

And smiling when they got up.

DROC

LOL at all the kids talking about how Mayhem is going to dominate Shields in the standup if/when they fight.  Watch that video from 2:25 - 2:40.  Trigg absolutely demolishes him with his boxing, landing everything he throws while Mayhem is swinging at air, and Frank is hardly known for his hands.

As bad as Shields standup is, it still might be better than Mayhem's.

Probably not much chance that Mayhem has improved his standup in the three years since that fight, huh?

bradolson - Probably not much chance that Mayhem has improved his standup in the three years since that fight, huh?

Meh.

He didn't look much better versus Jacare, and Jacare has no striking background to speak of, so you should look good against that guy.  Regardless, I think the notion of Mayhem dominating ANYONE on the feet is ludicrous.  He might be slightly better than Shields standing, but it hardly a definitive, fight-altering advantage.

Steve4192 - 
bradolson - Probably not much chance that Mayhem has improved his standup in the three years since that fight, huh?

Meh.

He didn't look much better versus Jacare, and Jacare has no striking background to speak of, so you should look good against that guy.  Regardless, I think the notion of Mayhem dominating ANYONE on the feet is ludicrous.  He might be slightly better than Shields standing, but it hardly a definitive, fight-altering advantage.

Good point with the Jacare fight. Also agree that he is hardly a world beater with his standup. I was more referring to the fact that the Trigg fight was a while ago.

Ahhh... back when fighting was still fighting.

I LOVE watching Trigg beat the fuck out of Mayhem, LOVE IT!!!

that ref was a sadist

ah...this fight brings back such good memories of my days when TJay Thompson and I promoted this event.

newbyfan - Pretty crummy picture but good action

in defense of the camera-work, this video wasnt from our standard production crew. it was an independent guy we used to capture crowd shots, backstage, fighter close-ups, and other "artisitic" b-roll for for our TV spots and pre-event promo videos. he used a hand-held, had almost no audio capabilities, and used to a special filter that gave the action a warm, reddish hue. that "look" translated well in post-production. the video here is just raw b-roll.

all the broadcast quality tapes of this event were handed over to EliteXC when they bought Icon. and the tapes should now be with Strikeforce since they bought EliteXC.

newbyfan - that ref was a sadist

lol...that sadist is the greatest ref in the sport...and we used Pride rules for world championship fights at Icon. so the ref was doing his job. Yuji consciously allowed losing fighters every possible chance to make a comeback, especially when it came to main events and title fights. he understands the "big picture" even in the heat of the moment. you'd prob be surprised how many undercard fights he stopped a little early. Yuji let the "pros" fight, but he always was over-protective of the young up and comers. thats a smart ref.

Thanks for the info dude!

no problem. thanks for posting some of my best memories. i'll be talking about that fight when i'm 80.