FRAT: Gumby Telling Old Stories

ttt for Gumby to give us the goods

hedgefunder - Does anyone from Renzo's in the 2000-2003 era remember when New Zealand John had to tune up Guy Ritchie's bodyguard?

Madonna was playing the Garden so Ritchie would come and train before the show and bring his bodyguard. Guy was a blue under Rickson at the time and I remember he came in for a private with Renzo (Renzo of course blew him off because that's just the way the place operated). Guy was cool about it and did the group class and ended up as my partner for the evening. He was a cool low key dude and trained just like everybody else .

His bodyguard was a brown belt and a bit of an arrogant ass. He was a little rough on people and was generally a bully. John calmly asked him to roll (was at least 40-50 lbs heavier than John). NZ John proceeded to slowly and calmly grind the guys face into the mat and just torture him until the intent was clear. If I remember correctly, he ended it with a friendly slap to the face and a suggestion to be easier on training partners.

I miss the days training above a methadone clinic. Phone Post 3.0

Haha Phone Post

hedgefunder - Does anyone from Renzo's in the 2000-2003 era remember when New Zealand John had to tune up Guy Ritchie's bodyguard?

Madonna was playing the Garden so Ritchie would come and train before the show and bring his bodyguard. Guy was a blue under Rickson at the time and I remember he came in for a private with Renzo (Renzo of course blew him off because that's just the way the place operated). Guy was cool about it and did the group class and ended up as my partner for the evening. He was a cool low key dude and trained just like everybody else .

His bodyguard was a brown belt and a bit of an arrogant ass. He was a little rough on people and was generally a bully. John calmly asked him to roll (was at least 40-50 lbs heavier than John). NZ John proceeded to slowly and calmly grind the guys face into the mat and just torture him until the intent was clear. If I remember correctly, he ended it with a friendly slap to the face and a suggestion to be easier on training partners.

I wasnt there for the body guard tune up but i did go a little hard on Guy. IDK who the F he was. Training at Renzo's back then was awesome. Great guys and tough really tough training.

I do remember training with John. God dam he played with me like i was nothing. Effort less. When people compare him and henry akins i totally get it. they understand BJJ or just see it differently

And that elevator. Holly FUCK! You never knew who was going to be on it when ya pressed the button.

You'd be all hot tired and sweaty. Press the button. Elevator comes and the doors opon. AND.....

Nasty smelly dirty scumy scary trany be standing there eyeing ya up! "Going Down???" (in man ass tranny voice)

Ah man it was scary. like Russian roulette. Mind you this was when AIDs was a lot bigger deal back then too.

things we do to train BJJ LOL

If you like this thread.

Check out this one.

Every time I stepped on that elevator, I just prayed that it went up to 5 and not down. Not sure if urban legend or truth, but I was told a horror story about a couple guys getting stuck in the basement for hours.

Also.... You see the true measure of a man dealing with people at their absolute low point. I watched a few shivering junkies accidentally get off on the our floor and walk into the gym. Renzo was always very gentle with them and guided them back down to where they could get their meds. Phone Post 3.0

Bump

sub a dub dub

more!!!!

hedgefunder - Does anyone from Renzo's in the 2000-2003 era remember when New Zealand John had to tune up Guy Ritchie's bodyguard?

Im assuming NE John is Danaher?

Yes kiwi. Ttt for more stories please.

Subd again. Phone Post 3.0

Bump Phone Post 3.0

:-( Phone Post

Lol i had thought interest had waned after I got distracted. I'm on the road for the Old Man Worlds so I'll ipdate when I get back Phone Post 3.0

Yay ! Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post

ttt since Gumby is forgetful

Until gumby Phone Post

ttt

El_Varaco - Until gumby Phone Post

. Phone Post