Freddie Roach "Anderson Silva is too big for GSP"

sub

MadmanGadman -
Stevia Viper -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - They both weigh in the 190's on fight night and Silva has only 1.5 inch reach advantage. This is bullcrap Phone Post

I think silva weight in cage is closer to 205 Phone Post

I think so as well Phone Post

190s is close to 205.

derp Phone Post

Andersons height: 6'1

Gsp's height 5'11

Jon jones height 6'4
Those don't look right. I thought it was:

Andersons height: 6'2 

Gsp's height: 5'10 

Jon Jones height: 6'4  

Didn't Anderson recently say he might be willing to fight at 170?

Dana mentioned it would be at 180. Phone Post

behzad - 
subwrassler - Freddie's a real likeable dude.

I just wish he liked MMA more.

Hes a boxing scientist. I think MMA hasnt matured to his tastes yet. Phone Post

Olympic wrestlin & Judo, K-1 level kickboxing, and elite Jiu Jitsu isn't "matured" enough for him ?

mr1709 - dan henderson fought fedor nogueira wanderlei and was just about to fight jones

grow a pair gsp

No...Anderson needs to grow a pair...The JBJ fight was RIGHT THERE...and he IMMEDIETLY said " NO !!!!!!"....and then challenges a fighter smaller than both of them...little GSP who wasn't asking for anything.

lol

Anything can happen!!!! Phone Post

Finally someone with some sense, as far as this goes. George needs to just say no, and be done with this already. Stupid notion. Stay where your at, George, and if Silva comes all the way down, so be it. Then, and only then will you have no choice.

If Anderson wants GSP, let him go to 170lbs.

Calling out a lighter fighter is weak, no matter who is doing it, or what the combat sport.

Call-out fights at your weight, or up. Even kids know that.

KevinMcAllister - 
fishyfish - good interview, thanks Meow.

I always enjoy Freddie Roach interviews.

Agreed, i could listen to freddie talk shop all day. Phone Post

ya I miss his hbo series

circa305 - Unlike most the UG and most of GSPs fans. Roach is right and actually knows what the fuck he is talking about.

Boom. Phone Post

A catchweight would be fair if they did a same day weigh in. Otherwise it gives Silva too much time to put back on all his weight and fight GSP with a significant size advantage.

AS fought twice at LHW and bitched both, one a former champ.

GSP had no problem fighting BJ.

If anyone needs to grow a pair its GSP.

Of course I would like to see this fight, but definitely would rather see JBJ Vs silva Phone Post

Why didn't roach think margarito was too big for pacquaio? when their height difference is the same shit as gsp vs anderson?

What roach is really saying is that GSP, has nothing for anderson, and thinks he's get destroyed.

GSP needs to step up, or he'll forever be the guy that got serra'd, and ducked anderson his whole career.

Uve heard it here first , roach says Anderson too good , too big and would destroy gsp

OO o OO - 
MdGeist - Hey Roach, MMA isn't boxing.

MMA has these things called "take downs" you've probably never heard of them

Roach would fuck your skinny jeans wearing ass up. Phone Post

I don't know dude...

Maybe a Freddie Roach/Michael J. Fox tag team vs me in a handicap match would even the odds

1800champagne - 

Is Anderson too big if he comes down to 170? Phone Post

Yes.

First, even if he weighs in at 170 he will have an insane reach advantage simply because his frame is too big.

Secondly, both fighters making weight is not the same as how much they will weight fight night. Silva will balloons back up at least 15 lbs more than GSP. There is absolutely no way they actually fight within 5 lbs of each other.

I really don't care if Anderson is bigger and has reach advantage.

I wanna see that fight.

Then Silva Vs Jones.