From DFW himself; McGregor’s comeback fight likely against Michael Chandler

More athletic Eddie Alvarez that won’t utilize wrestling. Easy target for Conor.

They already “let” Chandler use.
Whatever he’s on isn’t flagging.
Respect to him, that ain’t easy.

1 Like

When was the last time a big profile fighter popped? Its been years.
Dillashaw didnt even get popped by usada for EPO. He got popped by the state commision.
Usada is clownshoery.

2 Likes

Knowing the UFC, they will let them fight at 170 and give them a 165 belt.

1 Like

O’Malley on SARMs was their last bust.
USADA mostly a masquerade.

“They” tend to focus on publicly penalizing low-mid level UFC fighters, creating a facade of fairness.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Golden Snitch is the fella who consulted on Conor’s current protocol.

2 Likes

The BMF belt was a one-off they said but I’ve heard they have a new belt for Conor to fight for, The Richest Motherfucker belt will be on the line in his fight vs Chandler but a UFC spokesperson said only Conor gets the belt with a win.

1 Like

I’m not saying Conner is ready, but put him in there with Artem The GOAT for ALL the whiskey moneys!

1 Like

There is no way in hell that any Conor PPV does 1.5MM buys in 2022. I don’t care who he’s fighting.

1 Like

Well he’s not fighting in 2022. What about 2023 lol

:rofl:

No.

I just don’t see it. That ship has sailed.

They’ve been selling like shit all year. Saw the highest reported one this year was 400,000…bunch of others they never even reported. No way Dana holds back numbers if they’re good. Seems he couldn’t even make up lies about them.

Conor will obviously sell more but that guy is done. Hasn’t won in a million years, lost most of his fair weather fanbase, PPV price is insane (I’m sure Dana will love a one-off Conor Special price increase too).

2 Likes

Supposedly the 2nd Dustin fight did 1.6M and the 3rd Dustin fight did 1.5M.

Its not unthinkable that Conor and Chandler could get the casuals fired up for their fight enough to do 1.5M.

I’d say they can count on it doing around 1M though.

Masvidal Usman I did like 1.3M but the 2nd fight only did like 700k.

Sports Business Journal says the Masvidal Covington fight only did over 400k so who knows.

Masvidal even with a great opponent might only be able to do around 400k these days.

3 Likes

People will pay to see Conor get his ass kicked. Thats where the money is now. Conor is a heel. He should embrace it.

Conor’s next bout has the freak show factor. Casuals will tune in mass.

1 Like

Ehhhh Chandler is competing at the highest level and Conor is taking years off at a time dulling his reflexes with nose candy while rehabilitating career altering injuries. Chandler took Hookers head off, Tony’s head off and had Dustin hurt badly. Actually he did better than Conrat in Conrat’s last two Doostin fights. Maybe Chandler will have the motivation to up his fight IQ because if he loses this fight it’s a wrap on his career.

Conor is shell of a shell of himself and easy to gameplan. Teh counter left for 1.5 rounds and he folds.

If Chandler comes into this fight to win and not just get paid he wins.

1 Like

This is a good fight for Conor. He is very insecure about his height, so the shorter the opponent the better for his ego. Plus, Conor will refuse to come down to 155, and the UFC will cave, making it 170 or a catch weight of 165. Another advantage for Conor.

Couple the above with Chandler’s poor fight IQ, his desire to stand and bang instead of wrestle (of which Conor is well aware), and Chandler will be tailor-made for Conor’s counter-punching.

Conor is no dummy for wanting this fight. And as much as hate to even say this, there is also the strong possibility that Chandler does NOT take a dive, BUT will try and put on a show by standing and trading, knowing that he will get paid well, win or lose, thus sapping true incentive to get the win at all costs.

All he has to do is mix up a takedown attempt or two in with his striking to keep Conor thinking and he’s going to decapitate him. Actually he might knock Conor dead anyway because when the hell is the last time Conor ever counter KO’ed anyone? 2015? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Always makes me chuckle at all the blind faith some people still have in the man.

1 Like

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

Why are people acting like hungry Conor still exists? comparing this to the Alvarez right is ridiculous because the fighter we’ve seen since that one is NOT the same. He’s a shadow of his former self. Chandler will break him easily.

2 Likes

Oh, I would love nothing more than for Chandler to take his head off. Just not getting my hopes up.

Great fight and I’m glad Chandler is being rewarded for his Leroy Jenkins style of fighting. It is obvious that he won’t be champ, but he is very exciting!

1 Like