Front page news and pictures- who handles this?!!?

Short version:

If a news story is featuring a top fighter or a fan favorite the pictures they choose generally feature the guy in a moment of glory, looking stoic, or a similar flattering snapshot.

If the guy has been cut from the UFC or hit a rough patch then its a pic of him KO'd or bleeding.

Is this someone trying to be clever? Is it counter-intuitive to the sites own goals of the community showing respect to fighters?

FRAT:

I really love this site and come here every day. I find though it is falling into a trap that many organization fall victim to. It is as it tries to grow in eight different directions and become succesful a source for news, a store, and great forum, all these things suffer from resources being stretched to thin instead of doing any one of them great.

Basically for a site that purports itself to try and welcome fighters to interact on this site and be "pro-mma community" half the times you guys post pictures of fighters its of them lying unconscious on the floor, being punched, or submitted. I guess I don't get it.

So my question is why? Why try to find the most unflattering and worst-moment-in-career pictures to attach to stories of so many of these guys.

Does anyone ever think "hey maybe this is a bad precedent to set when were simultaneously trying convince forum members to be respectful towards the athletes".

Does the news guy think he is being clever?

If Dustin Hazelett or Todd Duffee have either had sex with one of your wives or insulted your kids then ok, I get it.

I know this seems like classic bitching for the sake of bitching but I think its a completely legitimate thing to ask/discuss. This is the pattern I've noticed:

If a news story is featuring a top fighter or a fan favorite the pictures they choose are generally feature the guy in a moment of glory, looking stoic, or a similar flattering snapshot.

If the guy has been cut from the UFC or hit a rough patch then its a pic of him KO'd or bleeding.

Not sure if I buy the UFC conspiracy angle, but yeah it does seem weird, and low class, to have a pic of a pro getting KO'd for a story about their upcoming (or not) fight.

Think Todd occasionally posts here too.

RickMartelsArrogance - UG News is a fucking joke.  Vote it down with every TMZesque shitstorm they post.

TMZ is the perfect comparison. Wish I had put that in the original post. It is the same exact way TMZ handles reporting celebrity stories. Very appropriate comparison here.

Devlyn - Not sure if I buy the UFC conspiracy angle, but yeah it does seem weird, and low class, to have a pic of a pro getting KO'd for a story about their upcoming (or not) fight.

Think Todd occasionally posts here too.

Was not attempting to throw out a UFC conspiracy angle and if it appears that way its simply because of poor writing structure on my part. I used UFC in there simply because 8 out of 10 times it involves that promotion.

And again, great way to encourage Todd to continue to interact with fans on the board by putting pics like that up when its a news story about a potential fight with Overeem.

LOL there was a diferent image each time the fight was down or up. Seems to be up now. Should be out of cache within 15 :-)