FSN--IFL?

"From Dream Stage Entertainment March 28, 2006

LOS ANGELES, California - Three bouts from PRIDE FIGHTING'S upcoming event, BUSHIDO Volume 10, will be shown exclusively on Fox Sports Net (FSN) on Sunday, April 9th at 9:00pm local time ? Phil Baroni versus Yuki Kondo, Mark Weir versus Denis Kang, and a third fight to be announced.

The remainder of the fight card will premiere on North American pay per view on April 3rd, 2006 at 10:00pm EST, 7:00pm PST via iNDEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH NETWORK, UrbanXtra, TVN1, VU!, and Viewer's Choice Canada.

FSN Fightcard and Schedule Date: Sunday, April 9th, 2006 Time: 9:00pm Local Time

Phil Baroni (USA) vs. Yuki Kondo (Japan) Denis Kang (South Korea) vs. Mark Weir (UK) Match # 3 (To Be Announced April 2nd)

North American Pay Per View Fightcard and Schedule PPV Premiere Date: Monday, April 3rd, 2006 Premiere Time: 10:00pm EST, 7:00pm PST

Takanori Gomi (Japan) vs. Marcus Aurelio (Brazil) Dan Henderson (USA) vs. Kazuo Misaki (Japan) Jen Pulver (USA) vs. Masakazu Imanari (Japan) Luiz Azeredo (Brazil) vs. Joachim Hansen (Norway) Murilo "Ninja" Rua (Brazil) vs. Paulo Filho (Brazil) Ikuhisa "The Punk" Minowa (Japan) vs. "Giant" Silva (Brazil) Akihiro Gono (Japan) vs. Kim Dae Won (South Korea) Mitsuhiro Ishida (Japan) vs. Paul Rodriguez (USA) Seichi Ikemoto (Japan) vs. Yves Edwards (USA)

(Fight card and fights shown on FSN or pay per view broadcasts are subject to change)

BUSHIDO VOLUME 10 will be available at a rate of $29.95.

For additional replay times, please contact your pay per view provider or pridefc.com.

"

That is very interesting. My guess--What better way to advertise Pride fighters to a nationally televised audience and, announce the upcoming debut of the IFL!!!

I bet the other "TBD" fight is Yves.

Zombie-boxer--any thoughts?

Bruce Turner--I am sure you must have some thoughts on this subject. You have been on fire. What do you think?

How does the IFL come into this?

Just a hunch--

Please elaborate.

Attjack--not at this time--I'm tired.

Search my threads--you will find many clues.

No thanks i don't feel like an easter egg hunt.

No problem (getting cranky--my bad).

it's cool, off to bed myself. gnight.

I bet the TBA is Jens Pulver if they really are going to have IFL on FSN

Ahh, I revise my Yves prediction--Jens may well be correct. I missed him in the list of fights.

According to Devin Cole (HW w/ Tiger Sharks) FSN is scheduled to air the IFL in May

From www.mmaweekly.com
FOX SPORTS NET TO BROADCAST THE INTERNATIONAL FIGHT LEAGUE'S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DEBUT

Three Original Taped Telecasts Will Air Nationally in May and June, Highlighting New League's Innovative Team-Based Concept

Los Angeles – March 29, 2006 – Underscoring the fast-growing popularity of mixed martial arts, Fox Sports Net (FSN), a division of the FOX Broadcasting Company and News Corp, today announced an agreement with the International Fight League (IFL) to nationally televise the IFL's debut event across a series of at least three original taped telecasts that will air in May and June this year. The action-packed shows will be cut from footage gathered during the IFL's live world premiere event taking place on Saturday, April 29 in Atlantic City at Trump Taj Mahal.

Recently-formed, the IFL mixes the intense action of mixed martial arts (MMA) with the established team-and season-based approach found in America's most loved sports. MMA legends Bas Rutten, Pat Miletich, Renzo Gracie and Maurice Smith will coach and lead four teams – Anacondas, Silverbacks, Pitbulls and Tigersharks – comprised of five fighters each in the lightweight, welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions. The events will be held in a ring (not in a cage), believed to be the most conducive environment for fighters, fans and production.

Two teams will be seen battling on FSN's first telecast on Sunday, May 21 at 6pm locally, followed by the other two teams on Sunday, May 28 at 6pm locally. The two winning teams will then be seen squaring off for the IFL Legends Championship broadcast in early June. The televised shows will be produced by Emmy award-winning producer Peter Lasser, who has worked on several Olympic telecasts as well as with ESPN, NBC Sports, NFL Films and FSN, among others.

The new league was formed by Gareb Shamus, founder and chairman of the comics empire Wizard Entertainment Group, and Kurt Otto, a highly successful New Jersey real estate investor and a life-long martial arts participant.

"When it comes to delivering action, FSN is known for being the most innovative network out there," said IFL co-founder Shamus. "We couldn't have found a better place to televise our debut, and we're committed to giving fans a great, action-packed event, which we know will turn into three killer shows," he added.

IFL Commissioner Otto added, "This sport is getting bigger and bigger every day, and we believe the IFL is ushering in an exciting new era in mixed martial arts. From top to bottom, we have created a league and an event that will bring MMA to a larger audience. The fact that FSN believes in the IFL concept so much that they're televising our first event is incredible. We know the audience is ready, and so are we."

ttt

Hopefully they will show the fights unedited and dont do the contender style fights.

Cool that IFL made a deal with FSN. I still don't get ehat that has to do with Pride though.

Prolly just pure coincidence!

So IFL's big tv deal is roughly the same as the REAL Pro Wrestling deal?

Max

Is KOTC the only MMA on HDNET?