Fuji vs HCK tell me..

Getting a new budget gi..

what I want..

- tough
- I want to wash in warm and dry on medium

I've heard if you buy a Fuji size up it'll shrink to the right size.

I'm thin with long arms.

Thoughts on people who have owned them...

The sizing was the other way around for me on the Fuji, it fit bigger then other gis I own. The collar is thinner then the HCK, I like a thicker collar but that is just me. The color on the Fujis hold up very well.

I just tried the killer bee, they are pretty good quality.

I had a killer bee bleed black on my gi. Wasnt to impressed with the stitching either.

HCK wont shrink as much as the Fuji's and will hold up alot longer too.

I have six A-5 Fuji gis and shrank them to fit me. I'm very happy with them. 3 are blue, 3 are white.

For me a shrunk A5 Fuji fits the way I like. I don't like my gis too close fitting or with the skirt too short. I like the gi cut a little closer to a traditional Judo cut.

Howards ARE well made and durable, but I personally I don't like thick collars or the cut as much. That is why I have never gotten a Howard.

As mentioned , Fuji are NOT normal "BJJ Sizes" and do shrink so make sure you know what size to get.

I would describe Fuji durability as about average for a BJJ gi.The blue hold their color well and because they are not bleached before they are dyed, are more durable than bleached white gis. (That's true with all brands of gi).

what size are you shen? (no homo)

hck all the way

vegard - what size are you shen? (no homo)

I'm about 6'2" 240

(that's .0001% bodyfat, btw)

so shen is the buy a size bigger a good rule for fuji's

shen - 
vegard - what size are you shen? (no homo)

I'm about 6'2" 240

(that's .0001% bodyfat, btw

dam

Both are good. I have sold over 100 fuji gis. They always shrink 1 size. If your a A2 atama or koral. Then order a A3. I dont like how stiff the howard gi's are.

Also the Atama ultralight is a really nice Gi for the price.

And just a plug both Atama and Fuji supports it own. They are a great sponsors for me!!! I couldnt do the vegas open without them!

JW

check out padilla & sons. I just bought their single weave gi for $80 and it seems pretty well constructed. It is cut a little more fitted than my keiko gis. It seems like it will be too tight after it is done shrinking, so consider sizing up one and shrink to fit if you do buy.

Are the HCK's still the unchokeable gi's the used to be?

joe canada - Are the HCK's still the unchokeable gi's the used to be?

Yes,

As much as I love my Fuji if you want a tough gi than you need a HCK hands down.

If you want something that budget wise won't break your bank but at the same time be fairly light to train in than hands down Fuji

^^ Yes, buy a size up for sure.

Hi all,

I'm going to be starting bjj soon and was thinking of a Fuji gi to purchase. I'm 5'6 and 130 pounds. Should I get A2 or A3 because of the comments above re shrinkage?

a2

IronMonkey - Hi all,

I'm going to be starting bjj soon and was thinking of a Fuji gi to purchase. I'm 5'6 and 130 pounds. Should I get A2 or A3 because of the comments above re shrinkage?

A2. In pretty much any other brand you'd be an A1, but you'll need an A2 with the Fuji.

James

Thanks all. A2 it is.