Gaethje Doesn’t " Plan on Being Alive’ After 300 "

1 Like

Justin Gaethje will defend his “BMF” belt against former featherweight champion Max Holloway as part of the upcoming UFC 300 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which takes place this Sat. night (April 13, 2024) at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

A victory over “Blessed” could put “The Highlight” in a position to fight for the lightweight title at some point later this year, likely in Oct. when the promotion returns to Abu Dhabi. That’s assuming Gaethje doesn’t kick the bucket on fight night.

“I know with a win here, I fight for the belt,” Gaethje said during UFC 300 media day. “I know with a loss here, that all goes away. That’s what I’m fighting for. I’m a quarter-mile at a time kind of guy. I do not look too far ahead. Honestly, I have no clue what the future holds. I don’t usually plan on being alive the day after my fights, so hopefully I’m there on Sunday.”

Gaethje is willing to skip the champ’s return in June to recover from UFC 300.

“I don’t play ‘what ifs’ but you don’t pass up a championship opportunity,” Gaethje continued. “I do want my time. I do think June would probably be impossible for me, as every time I fight is a traumatic life experience. I need to go home and unwind, take care of my body, take care of my head. But I have coaches and a manager who ultimately make those decisions, so if they say ‘go,’ I go.”
None of that matters unless he first defeats Holloway this weekend in “Sin City.”

2 Likes

He’s going to fight into a living death.

8 Likes

In true Maitreya form Justin “PUTS HIS CUNT ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK”

cut him up it doesn’t matter he’ll have super glue in his corner

1 Like

Does he think that Max is going to teep him in a hole?

Gaethje is a super funny guy

2 Likes

I remember some UG’er a few yrs back when justin first came into the UFC after WSOF,

And they legit asked if he had half Down Syndrome

5 Likes

vin diesel GIF

3 Likes

still 2 days away
don’t be that jinx guy eh

1 Like

Well I definitely want Max to win but I’m not rooting for him to win via murder

5 Likes

What I was saying was, “ haha fucked if true, first time ever hearing about anything like that before, where did you hear this? “

But I phrased it in another way

1 Like

season 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

1 Like

1 Like

He did look dead at the end there. Gotta be one of the all time best calls.

6 Likes

I was gonna say, talk about calling your damn shot

5 Likes

WOAH !!

Max the last 30 seconds were insane

1 Like

He called that one.

Faceplant of death.

6 Likes

The balls on Gaethje to take him up on that center of the octagon invitation.

2 Likes

He had no choice if he wanted to win.

But Gaethje would do that regardless.

The one with balls was Max, the guy that had everything to lose doing that.

9 Likes

100% agree, Max is the fucking man. That fight should’ve been the inaugural fight for the BMF belt. I’m watching a movie about a serial killer and I’m pretending every one of his victims are @rainbow_pants because he :clown_face: reacted to my comment.

4 Likes