Gaethje questions Poirier's heart to relive 'the most pain of his f*cking life' in a possible title fight rematch

Is Gaethje being too bold in doubting Poirier’s interest in a title fight rematch?

Yeah, that eye poke looked like it hurt.

Dustin knocked him the fuck out though.

5 Likes

Gaethje as a fighter is amazing but the guy has become so whiny lately. Dustin beat him. It’s best he keep some humility.

12 Likes

I really like Gaethje and I hope he stops talking. The more he does, I like him less. He is going to get a title shot regardless who it is. His recent cry baby binge is unappealing. He got finished by Dustin and Khabib. Justin has had every opportunity to control his outcome. And he is still next in line for the title shot. So just STFU.

1 Like

Stfu justin

He was just put to sleep in a title fight. He keeps saying that he fought champs which is true but what is also true is that he lost all of the fights. He keeps talking about the integrity of the sport but he wants a title shot off of beating Chandler who just got a title shot off of beating Dan Hooker who just got demolished by Islam who is on a 9 fight winning streak.

If he cares about the integrity of the sport than have him fight Islam and the winner fights Poirier/Charles. Also, to question Poirier’s willingness to fight him is weak considering Poirier is cut from the same cloth as Justin.

3 Likes

His argument that “He took 100’s of pics after the fight while Dustin was in the hospital” reminds me so much of Tank Abbot after he would get finished…“I am having drinks at the bar and my opponent is having his through an IV at the hospital”. Gaethje like Abbot were fortunate to have a referee save their lives in the cage. There are no after fight photo opps or drinks at the bar if the ref lets it go another 15 seconds.

3 Likes

Penn said it after the 1st GSP fight which led to the use of grease by gsp in the second one even though he didn’t need to resort to that

Dustin’s said numerous times the worst he felt after a fight was against Jim Miller and his legs being messed up from the kicks

It hasn’t been just one thing tho hes been griping about a title shot for a year coming off a loss until Chandler.

Hes losing fans with it.

He may be saying some dumb stuff lately but people need to not forget the entertainment side of this. They’re in the business of selling fights. Gotta manufacture some drama some how. Casuals still don’t give a crap about anyone in the LW division outside of Conor.

1 Like

Personally, I’d love to see the rematch. I’d watch Gaethje fight anybody.

1 Like

He’s a smart guy, and realizes that the headlines help. He’s talking shit because he’s seen other guys do the same and end up in big fights. He knows there are people clamoring for Islam to get the shot, so he’s talking shit and keeping his name in the headlines to avoid losing the title shot. Talking shit about the two guys fighting for the belt is setting up the storyline for whomever wins.

then he went full Karen on DC having an opinion saying that DC shouldnt have an opinion as DC’s job is to commentate and give his opinion

Justin is attacking Dustin’s ego. He thinks that if he calls him scared that Poirier will feel compelled to give him a rematch should he win the title. He doesn’t need to because Dustin won’t be mentally shaken, plus Gaethje will get the fight anyways because he beat Chandler.

I guess maybe Justin feels like the UFC will give the title shot to Islam over him, this all seemed to start with the whole “will Islam skip over the line” conversation in the MMA community.

Dc is in the bag for the Dag.

Super annoying.

This is a good take. With all the talk/controversy over who should get the next title-shot, Justin could blow a lot of minds if he straight-up challenged Islam for a title-contender elimination fight. But he won’t do it, b/c as much as he claims everyone is “scared” to face him, he’s “scared” to face Islam.

Justin tweeted not long ago that he’d fight Islam. He’s not afraid to fight anyone. He just believes he deserves the shot and I agree with him.

Gaethje is one fight removed from being decisively dominated and finished in a title shot. The only reason for him to get the next title shot is if it’s a new match-up, imo. Therefore, he should only get it if Oliveira is the winner. As for challenging Islam, apparently no one has heard about it. IMO, he should make it a big deal and force a fight Islam next if he is that confident. That’s also a fight Islam can’t run away from otherwise, people will consider him ducking the fight. There would be absolutely no way to deny the winner of that fight.

I looked it up cause I know I saw it somewhere and I found it in MMA Fighting’s Twitter. I watched the interview and as it turns out that quote was a little out of context and in reality seems more like Justin is being asked about a fight with him later down the line, not now. The question is at the very end at around 15:30.

1 Like