Gamebred Argues Fighters Have a Right to ‘Defend Themselves’ in the Streets

1 Like

Jorge Masvidal is continuing to throw his support behind Nate Diaz after Diaz was arrested over a street fight in New Orleans that saw the Stockton slapper choke a Logan Paul lookalike unconscious.

There’s been a lot of controversy surrounding the incident because the Paul impersonator (real name Rodney Peterson) approached Diaz with his hands in the air. That being said, he did it as a massive bar brawl spilled out into the streets, and he backed Nate up against a wall.

In Masvidal’s mind, it’s clear who’s in the right.

“When it’s you against somebody you have no idea if he’s got a knife in his pocket, if he’s gonna f—ing pepper spray you then kick you in the nuts,” Jorge said in an interview with TMZ Sports. “Obviously this guy’s not in the right mind if he’s attacking a pro fighter. I just don’t like it that people think because we’re pro fighters that we’re not able to defend ourselves.”
Masvidal may have a skewed idea of what constitutes reasonable behavior in the streets. “Gamebred” started out his career in Kimbo Slice’s illegal Miami backyard fight videos, and has gotten into his fair share of grey area tussles outside of the cage. In March 2022 he was arrested and charged with aggravated battery after allegedly showing up at a Miami steakhouse and sucker punching Colby Covington.

According to Jorge, that whole situation was a case of ‘mutual combat,’ which is a legitimate thing in Florida. Whether it applies to what happened between “Gamebred” and “Chaos” is up to the Florida court system to decide. Until then, Masvidal is just enjoying retirement and his growing role as a fight promoter.
A week before his final UFC fight, Masvidal held a Gamebred Boxing event that featured Anthony Pettis vs. Roy Jones Jr., amongst a number of other interesting bouts with MMA angles. On May 5th, Gamebred Bareknuckle will feature a night of bareknuckle MMA headlined by Roy Nelson vs. Dillon Cleckler in Sunrise, Florida.

“I would definitely like to get a boxing match in there, I’m not ruling that out,” he said about his future plans. “But as of right now I’m just focusing on promoting. Promote, promote, promote, put on the best fights possible, get people to forget about their whole weeks during that 2-hour span of just good fights back-to-back and they get to relax and take the stress of the day off.”

edit

(Jorge Masvidal Defends Nate Diaz, Says Fighters Have Right To Defend Themselves | TMZ Sports - YouTube)

Fucking loser :rofl:

Guess he had to sucker Colby because he knew there was some wrestling in his pocket and that shit is deadly to guys whose best move is the cheap shot.

4 Likes

I really dislike his street thug approach, found very cowardly his disguised sneak attack on Colby… but he is 100% right here. If you attack these guys, they are not suppose to lose to please the stupid courts. It goes for ALL of us too. As he points out. there can be cheapshots, weapons, friends, and so on. We have the right to self defense!

3 Likes

He is right that anyone has a right to defend themselves and professional fighters are not excluded from that right.

But he’s a loser and his opinion doesn’t matter and he doesn’t live by this nonsense. He’s the one people need to worry about having weapons or sneaking or whatever else would be an unfair advantage.

2 Likes

As far as I know, the video evidence is not definitive. If there is video evidence of the entire event solely on Diaz and that other guy, link it in the comments. But, regardless of anyone’s feelings towards Masvidal, as well as Diaz, that guy may have flinched or feinted a punch at Diaz (I haven’t seen any other evidence that shows the entirety of the confrontation, but it could exist), who knows? And in a street situation, Chael (and in this case, Masvidal) is correct, in that the fight is on the second the other person gets within arm’s reach, you can’t let an aggressive person get that close to you. Diaz didn’t stomp the guy out, he simply controlled him and put him to sleep. This thing seems to be making mountains out of molehills.

It is a right that comes, as President John F. Kennedy taught, not from the generosity of government but from the hand of God.

Throw that punk in jail already and donate all his belongings to charity

The correct message, THE FUCKING WRONG MESSENGER!!! HAHAHAHA!