Gamebred Lost 100k On Poirier Loss

https://www.mmanews.com/news/jorge-masvidal-claims-dustin-poirier-ufc-291-loss-cost-him-wager

This past weekend, the now-retired Jorge Masvidal placed the ceremonial BMF belt that he formerly owned on a new shoulder — but not the one he’d have hoped.

In the UFC 291 main event, Masvidal’s American Top Team teammate Dustin Poirier battled to keep the strap in Coconut Creek against Justin Gaethje, whom he’d previously got the better of in 2018.
While many were predicting a repeat of the pair’s first fight in Glendale five years ago, “The Highlight” flipped the script in memorable fashion, brutally sleeping “The Diamond” with a picture-perfect head kick in round two.

In the aftermath, “Gamebred” handed over the BMF belt to Gaethje and offered words of encouragement to his fallen training partner.

As it turns out, in addition to seeing his friend and fellow ATT standout suffer a setback, the Miami native had further reason for disappointment…

Masvidal Reveals Sizable UFC 291 Wager

During a backstage interview with TNT Sport’s Caroline Pearce in Utah, Masvidal discussed the UFC 291 pay-per-view and his teammate’s defeat in the headliner.

Although he appeared mostly gutted for Poirier, who saw his hopes of securing a third crack at undisputed status stopped in its tracks, “Gamebred” also saw something else slip away when Gaethje connected to the head of “The Diamond” with his right foot.
A cool $100,000…

“Great fight. I felt Dustin was dictating the pace. He landed the better shots in the first round. It was all going Dustin’s way. And then the fight game, you know?” Masvidal said. "Justin looked down, came up with a head kick, and caught my boy. It was a perfect kick… That was all she wrote.

“Dustin looked in the best shape ever, and obviously he’s my teammate, so I wanted the world for him to win,” Masvidal continued. “(I made a wager) that I probably shouldn’t have. I put $100,000 on DP, on Dustin Poirier. Kids, I’m sorry, you gotta go to public school now.”
Given the level of stardom he achieved in the back-end of his mixed martial arts career, it’s perhaps unsurprising that Masvidal has those funds to splash on fight betting.

And with UFC fighters prohibited from gambling on events, perhaps Masvidal is making up for lost time in that regard having called time on his career as an active competitor.

But maybe he’ll be avoiding teammates’ outing moving forward.

Good I see Masvidal being one of the bad guy villain scumbags of mma. Much like Jon Jones

3 Likes

Masvidal gonna be broke again soon.

8 Likes

Doing his best to have nothing left to pay Colby with.

I hope Colby gets to take his stupid Versace robe and his dumb bareknuckle shit.

Fuck Phoney!

He can always go back to the Boat Yard

What about Ray? What’s he up to these days?

Maybe they can have a backyard rematch.

Big time loss for a guy with his type of money. Definitely has to sting.

So Colby was right about him I see

1 Like

Drake lost a lot more than that betting on Masvidal

Drake has hundreds of millions of dollars and gets royalties for life on his music.

4 Likes

eeets ova

Gamebred has to be worth around 50 million dollars. Would be like the average man losing a 20 dollar bet

How did he get 50 mil? I bet he’s worth closer to 10.

1 Like

That is unfortunate, he could have used that 100K for Bail Money for his Dad down the road if needed…

Schaub already going grey. Stress is getting to him

1 Like

If you looked at their fight picks and who is right more often you would think Callen is The Fighter and Schaub is The Kid lol.

Guy disregards Callens picks and they always end up the right ones over his

Schaub is absolutely a casual. He follow mma on a casual level. It’s shocking to me that his fight analysis has any value whatsoever, to anybody.

1 Like

those are fake bets just advertising the betting site

the terrible odds on those Drake bets are super suspect