Gannon vs Erikson, who wins

I'd like to see this, they're about the same size and I think Gannon would step up unlike lots of other fighters who don't like to give up the weight to Erikson (probably a smart move). I give a slight edge to Erikson only because of experience but Gannon looks to have a decent sprawl and can't be KO'd.

Trick question?

Ok,I'll bite.

Erickson wins HANDS DOWN!

I hear ya, Erikson is a beast. I think Gannon's concrete skull gives him a chance in any fight though. If Erikson couldn't submit him it could get interesting.

"LOL @ a "decent" sprawl being all you need against a wrestler like Erickson"

It's going to the ground, no question but if Gannon made Erikson work for it each time, his chances improve! Regardless of the outcome (I still think Erikson takes it) it would be two huge guys throwing down which is always sells tickets, especially when they 2 guys throwing down aren't your average ham n' egger.

Are people really this stupid!!!!!!!!!
Gannon is not a fighter - END OF STORY.

He is not a fighter and his deal with Kimbo was not an MMA fight - it was an idiot street fight between two lousy boxers.

To even say his name and Big Cats in the same sentance is just stupid. Please find a dime and buy a clue

"He is not a fighter and his deal with Kimbo was not an MMA fight - it was an idiot street fight between two lousy boxers." If I'm not mistaken Gannon has already fought in sanctioned MMA events has he not? Gannon also has a Golden Gloves boxing title under his belt.

Are people really this stupid!!!!!!!!! Gannon is not a fighter - END OF STORY.

Gannon is a 6 time Golden Gloves boxer and has fought National Champions and one Olympian (estrada).

He also is 4-1 in professional MMA.

Erikson wins easily.

lol@some of you. big cat any day of the week wins this fight.

cheers,

jj

"Gannon is a 6 time Golden Gloves boxer and has fought National Champions and one Olympian (estrada)" So much for the lousy boxer theory, eh?

"lol@some of you. big cat any day of the week wins this fight." laugh all you want but who else is gonna step to Erikson...nobody that's who, that's why the man is as inactive as he is. Herring doesn't want anything to do with Erikson (which is a fight I'd rather see than anything else) because he knows he got a gift from the ref that he might not get again (a stand up), so since that fight will never happen again the pickings for Erikson are pretty damn slim.

We don't even know what kind of shape Tom is in. He hasn't fought in years.

respect to gannon, but tom would take him down and pound the crap out of him.

mismatch.

gannon vs. bobish might be interesting though.

"Have you heard of K-1?" I could be wrong but I think he is referring to MMA.

"Tom Erikson is the most undderated MMA fighter in history imo. One of the best ever." I totally agree with that statement. Of course this realization is a frustrating one because despite being one of the best ever, BC is rarely able to showcase his talents in an MMA event. I really think Gannon would step up to the challenge which currently can't be said for anyone else in the game, so that's a good first step. Factor in Gannon's size and freakish toughness and who REALLY knows. Like I said, Erikson is a beast, it would be foolish to not pick him in this match up, but as for someone who enjoys seeing him throw down, the possiblity that he'll never do a straight up MMA match again where he's at his best, is pretty disappointing.

My $ would be on Gannon!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm waiting for Gannon to make an appearance on this thread...

Erikson

lol@goku.

Good fight, but I think Tom's size, experience and wrestling would be the difference.

Umm, do people really think Kimbo Slice has a better single leg takedown than Erikson?

Max

"He said "We don't even know what kind of shape Tom is in. He hasn't fought in years." Tom has fought K-1 this year and if you watch it you can see what kind of shape he's in." I see what you're saying, I was leaning toward him meaning in terms of sharpness/ringrust for some reason, speaking of which I don't think it would take him long to shake off any MMA ringrust if he did indeed have any. Being a wrestling coach at Purdue I'm sure he's getting a good roll in all the time and is in good shape. But at the same time it's not the same as throwing down with somebody who's trying to take you out either.