Gary Goodridge Rumored to Fight October 3rd

I'm not one to keep another from making a living but given Gary's documented issues with head injuries this seems like a poor idea.  Hoping this rumor is not true

"Hard Knocks is tweeting that Gary Goodridge will be fighting on their October 3rd card. In my opinion, that is not a great idea considering Goodridge’s well documented memory issues and CTE/pugilistic dementia. We’ll see if the Calgary Commission let’s him in the cage."

http://topmmanews.com/2014/08/25/canadian-mma-rumour-mill-august-25-2014/

Wow.. Not a good idea I don't think.. Especially after that article /interview. Wish him the best regardless Phone Post 3.0

Please no. I love big daddy, but he should never fight again.

Looks like this may be true.  Gary retweeted the following - 

Retweeted by Gary Goodridge Hard Knocks Fighting @HKFighting · 3h @GaryHGoodridge #MMA fights October 3 in Calgary more info at http://www.hardknocksfighting.com ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 3 times3 FavoriteFavorited 2 times2 

No promoter should hire him. No AC should approve him. Phone Post 3.0

How much would he be paid for the bout?  Honestly I would send him $100 right now not to fight if he really needs it. 

I went on the website and it doesn't say he is fighting. I think they just @ a lot of people and he Retweeted it. Phone Post 3.0

Adam Hunter - I went on the website and it doesn't say he is fighting. I think they just @ a lot of people and he Retweeted it. Phone Post 3.0

You might be right.  Hopefully this rumor is a simple miscommunication. 

God Bless Big Daddy Phone Post 3.0

Jimmy Wrassler - 

How much would he be paid for the bout?  Honestly I would send him $100 right now not to fight if he really needs it. 

This is what I thought immediately. I can just about guarantee I'm way more broke than him and I am willing to scratch together as much cash as I can to keep him retired.

It would break my heart for a legend like him to climb back in the ring after all that's been documented about his health.

Really sad. Also sad on the promotors part to take advantage of him knowing he has those problems. Phone Post 3.0

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - No promoter should hire him. No AC should approve him. Phone Post 3.0

Alberta is the only province in Canada that doesn't regulate mma so it could happen there.

Hopefully it is a paid appearance cageside.

No way he should ever fight again. Phone Post 3.0

Please no Phone Post 3.0

Shame on you hard knocks.... Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -

Hopefully it is a paid appearance cageside.

Agreed. Phone Post 3.0

The Sauce - Shame on you hard knocks.... Phone Post 3.0
If he's actually scheduled to fight that is Phone Post 3.0

This is not good

He just confirmed via twitter that he is not fighting.  Here's the tweet - 

Gary Goodridge ‏@GaryHGoodridge 29m @erikmagraken no more fighting.. Those days are way gone . I mostly seminars now and feeling great :-)