Gastelum in Thailand

2 Likes

Kelvin is truly one of the biggest wasted talents in MMA. All of that potential but none of the discipline to remain at the correct weight class for him.

I have always thought the UFC should have weight classes go by increments of 10 to 185. Kelvin has a thick frame, where 170 seemed to always be a struggle but he was undersized for 185. 175 would have been that sweet spot.

But we all know Dana’s ego.

5 Likes

All he fucking needed was a calculator and a food scale. That’s it. Good grief.

6 Likes

He had a terrible performance vs Brady. I think he is done as any legit title contender.

3 Likes

Roundtree is one of the only guys that comes to mind who’s striking got way better after going to Thailand. Anyone else?

And no, we dont need more weight classes becasue Kelvin is a tweener. Lots of guys are and find big success. He has horrible eating dicipline.

1 Like

I am not saying, strictly because of him. But there are a lot of fighters that would benefit from it as well as the fans.

The fans don’t benefit from watering things down more like boxing, so everybody can be “champion”

He should go to One FC and become champ. He will make more than UFC pays him

It would add one more champion. It would also be healthier for fighters and give fans another PPV with a title fight and create more “superfights”

Boxing has a ridiculous amount of weight classes as well as tons of different organizations with champions.

Comparing boxing to MMA is apples to oranges.

1 Like

keep him away from the street food, dude cant make a weight or gets a staph :smile:

Legal weed and plentiful, cheap food that is delicious.

What could go wrong?

He’d be at 205 in ONE probably, can’t imagine him beating Anatoly, De Ridder, or Au Lang. Doubt he’d be top 5 tbh.

I think it should all be increments of 10 or 15 lb and I think by 10s you get too watered down. 125, 140, 155, 170, 185, 200, 215.

Yes and going the boxing way is lame. Boxing is a fucking joke

Absolutely. Definitely oversaturated with weight classes. But I standby my original thought.

125-135-145-155-165-175-185-205-265.

9 weight classes instead of 8. 9 Champions. More opportunity for bigger fights

When I was in Thailand the street food had lots of cooked and fried insects,
So low carb at least

2 Likes

I tried the grahoppers and spider

Here’s a pic from my Facebook of the bugs

1 Like