Genesis of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

This article analyzes the introduction, creolization, popularization and globalization of the martial art known as Brazilian jiu-jitsu, by examining the trajectory of the principal agents of these events, the Gracie family who reinvented the Japanese martial art by creating a complex, ritualistic hyper-masculinized life style, forged from the clash between tradition and modernity embed in violence “made in Brazil.” The article is divided in two sections in which I analyzed the introduction of Japanese jiu-jitsu as part of a turn-of- the-century global modernization.

http://www.mymaschool.com/genesis-of-brazilian-jiu-jitsu/

I was going to read it but saw it was 107 pages, will have to save for later.   Was that for a doctoral thesis or something?

Holy thesis!

Awesome, but that's gonna take a hot minute to read!

Awesome, but that's gonna take a hot minute to read!

sub

Thats going to take 3 dumps to get through. : )
Thanks
Adam

Huge spacing so it's prob only like 20 pages of normal type, still a lot but manageable. Phone Post

for laters

TTT !!!!!

in for the movie...

Sub Phone Post

In Phone Post 3.0

page 16, the term is tug-of-war, not thug-of-war, also you use the politic and then refer to political parties, seems a bit redundant.

also, page 18, it should be "getting" not "get", "family's" not "family".

i would also say "after more than a decade".

i used to write research papers in grad school. it seems petty, but if you are writing research, the grammar needs to be correct.

For later. Hopefully I can get around to it sooner though Phone Post 3.0

Adam Singer - Thats going to take 3 dumps to get through. : )
Thanks
Adam
106 pages in three dumps? More fruits and vegetables. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0