genki sudo has retired?

announced it after his win?

yeah. His heart clearly wasn't into fighting.

More interested in show and his entrance.

He made a good choice.

EVILYOSHIDA, I doubt you know a thing about what it means to have the heart of a fighter. So your comments about Genki Sudo are completely without merit. Genki also is a musician and has acted in a film before. His life doesn't entirely revolve around putting on a show for his fans, or making a nice entrance. I respect the man because he goes into the ring and puts it all on the line and even more so because of his dangerous and wild fighting style.

Genki Sudo is probably my favorite fighter, right under Kazushi Sakuraba and if he is happier doing something else other than fighting Mixed Martial Arts than I say, "Good luck!" to him and all of his future endeavors.

i also wish him good luck

"EVILYOSHIDA, I doubt you know a thing about what it means to have the heart of a fighter. So your comments about Genki Sudo are completely without merit. Genki also is a musician and has acted in a film before. His life doesn't entirely revolve around putting on a show for his fans, or making a nice entrance. I respect the man because he goes into the ring and puts it all on the line and even more so because of his dangerous and wild fighting style."

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

He goes in the ring and gives us a show, that's what he does.

Have you seen him fight in K1 MAX? That shit is pathetic. He does not engage, his style is flashy but he can't hurt anybody.

GENKI was a good fighter, but clearly he had MANY other interests such as fashion, music, philosophy etc.

THIS IS WHY I SAID he does not have the heart of a fighter because most people would just concentrate on fighting 100%. That guy concentrated on his ring entrance 80% and the fight 20%.

"yeah. He clearly didn't have the heart of a fighter."

Completely unnecessary and senseless comment.

"Completely unnecessary and senseless comment."

If his heart was into fighting, he wouldn't quit fighting at 28 years old , in his athletic prime. He clearly doesn't give a shit. He wants to do fashion modeling.

edit

double post

EVILYOSHIDA

Genki is not a K-1 Fighter! He is an MMA stylist; even he said the only reason he competed(in his 5 fights or so in K-1) is to work on his standup. It's like watching Tank Abbot fight and being disappointed in his lack of jiu-jitsu game, come on.

Genki mentioned in his farewell to the audience that the reason for retiring, among having other interests/pursuits, is various nagging injuries. I think Genki knows what he is doing with his life--I would have hated to see him further compete and in a few years time turn into the next Sakuraba.

Genki also KOed Kim Jingwu with a Right Spinning Back Fist. That's your flash right there. Happy New Year.

edit

double post

"
EvilYoshida is correct but used a poor choice of words. Saying somebody doesnt have the heart of a figher isnt accurate for anybody that has gotten into the ring or cage multiple times.

Now saying his heart is not in it any more is accurate, IMO. "

True.

Good riddance.
He should go join Cirque du Soleil now.

Where he really belongs.

He was some kind of circus clown/performance artist, not a fighter

well, this circus clown knocked royler tfo. should we say he was a circus
clown who could fight? its all just semantics. sudo was near the top of
the food chain in mma before he lost to kid. he had some impressive
wins against tough competition

I was a Genki nut first time I saw him years ago and have marveled at the man. Since the neck injury took him out for awhile (right around the Royler fight, I believe), Genki has simply shown an increasing distraction, a drive towards being an entertainer (in the ring and out) not a fighter, doing other things, and so on.

Simply put, I think he's a wasted talent, but I dont begrudge him and think he made the right decision. If he doesnt feel driven to fight (which he's been showing signs of for years) then he shouldnt fight.

So long Genki, a coulda' been great serious contender LW. Hope he finds happiness elsewhere.

Which is what you originally said.

Which is what you originally said.

Too bad Genki wont fulfill his talent...the LW class is stacked but i wish he had a couple of big LW fights before he retired...

LOL

Yoshi gets another bite on his troll-bait.

not suprising.

I give it a 5.

ttt

the dude is 28 and freakishly talented

there is no reason he can't take 2 years off and then get back into it.

in appreciation to Sudo it would be great if someone uploads his last fight.