Getting a bad feeling about Nick Diaz's return

Nick always sounds miserable on fight week, he said he would take his ass whooping from gsp like a man on fight week. He has always said fighting is a living nightmare for him. He will be fine

3 Likes

It’s taken out of context. This his response to why he’s fighting Robbie as an opponent. Right after this quote he was talking about why he didn’t think the matchup made sense since he beat Lawler already.

Still, there was a lot of doubt about fighting but he said this is normal and it’s how he’s always felt. It’s a better articulation of what he’s stated in the past on many occasions.

5 Likes

Watch the ESPN interview, he really seems to no want to be back fighting

2 Likes

Hes always talked like that lol

1 Like

He said he wants the usman fight and he will beat him

1 Like

I’m hoping for a competitive fight as well but I think Robbie starches him. Unless Nick starts but scooting but I don’t know if his ego is going to let him do that. Can you please elaborate on the weight change? Has this fight weight changed? I’m too lazy to look it up. Thank you in advance

true

It conveniently leaves out the last part of the quote where he says he should be fighting Usman not some guy he already beat

2 Likes

Nick has bad anxiety, he’s always like this. He wants to be alone smoking weed in his hotel room mentally preparing, not answering the same questions over and over again. With anxiety, you’re questioning yourself anyway, can’t imagine how bad it is when you have to keep answering questions about how you think it’s going to go. Any fighter feels like they’re going to go in and fuck the other guy up, but that nagging voice in your head is saying “you’re getting hurt in there”.

I don’t know how he’ll look in there Saturday night, but I wouldn’t use his lack of personality on fight week to gauge anything.

2 Likes

The feeling I get about Diaz fighting Robbie is the same feeling I used to get before Super Dave would perform a stunt…

I’m a huge Diaz nut hugger.

I was very worried until I watched the ESPN interview. Same nick, same chip on his shoulder same i hate fighting but fighting is all im good at attitude.

I honestly think the weight change is just nick flexing. These guys are masters of the inadvertent mind fuck.

My guess/hope is nicks pissed he’s being made to do this, play the game, feels like he’s being pushed around, then to get back on the “A” side he flexes on the weight, knowing robbie won’t say no, and if he does, more fuel for his fire.

1 Like

Good.poinr about Robbie.wantinf the rematch. He may be a little more motivated than a vet just returning for a paycheque.

1 Like

Nick said he didn’t want this fight and said it doesn’t make any sense. I don’t get why he took the fight then but omfg I hope he still trained like a hungry fighter

1 Like

If any of you watch/listen to Morning Kombat, then you’re familiar with their ‘resume review’ show. If you don’t, they basically go over a specific fighter’s career right before an up coming fight, typically a vet with more fights.

They’ve done 7 now (Nick is #7). The last 6 before Nick all lost their fights. It’s a running joke that it’s a curse.
It’s a bit cheeky obviously, but will be fun to see if Nick can break the ‘curse’…:if you believe in that sort of thing.

In Nick’s recent ESPN interview, he comes across as chemically castrated. I hope he’s not on these meds come fight night, else he’s going to be little more than a punching bag for Lawler.

I’m a huge Nick Diaz fan, but from what I’ve seen he’s just looking for a payday and is on meds to cope with the stress.

Yeah, I listened to this episode. As far as I’m concerned, Nick already lost the fight. Curse is intact. :cry:

1 Like

Bad feeling? What for? Retired guys who haven’t won in 10 years and come back fat always have great performances.

Good point. I just think this time it will be different.

Nick will get into robbies head so easily if he starts doing his Nick Diaz taunts. Nick is in shape. Nick prob didn’t think it’s worth it to cut to 170 for this fight. Ufc prob knew this too as they want Nick to win for business reasons

Nick has been training pretty hard for over a year now. He is definitely ready this is just usual Nick Diaz shenanigans. If he felt like shit or injured he prob would’ve mentioned it in the Okamoto interview it would’ve slipped out of his mouth