Getting a bad feeling about Nick Diaz's return

Anyone else feeling like this might be a sad showing and/or ending to Diaz’s career?

• Josh Thomson’s comments
  • Last minute weight change
  • Diaz’s lifestyle over the years since his last fight

Robbie has clearly had a sharp decline, but if he connects on Diaz, he will most certainly knock him out. I just hope it’s competitive; I feel this way for both guys.

4 Likes

I don’t think Nick is taking a nap during the fight, he has a big old pumpkin head.

He hasn’t won a fight in almost 10 years, but I’m excited for his return.

1 Like

Diaz ain’t winning this fight. I can see it being a doctors stoppage or TKO

4 Likes

Look on the bright side. At least he’s not gonna lose to Jake Paul. That is the most saddest and depressing career ending imaginable. Lmao at Woodley

3 Likes

Has anyone came across the video Josh mentioned? Would love to see that.

I’m excited about nick’s return and I’m a fan of both. But-yeah, I’ve been thinking this too.
Like you mentioned, the comments from big John and josh, this weight thing, hasn’t fought in years, etc.

Nick physically, looks to be be in good shape and ready to go.
But, not long ago this certainly wasn’t the case. There’s a concern there.

There’s been a noticeable decline with lawler (age, mileage), but he’s still a killer. He’s wanted this rematch every since he was ko’d originally. He should be motivated as well.
I think lawler tkos him.

He seems even more subdued than usual in this. I don’t think there’s anything to add to the questions surrounding his condition, but he sure as fuck seems like he doesn’t want to be there. But again, that’s Nick. He’s never liked this part of the fight game.

2 Likes

Looks like a guy staring down death row. Wonder why he wanted 185 from 170 and not just a catch weight. They’re gonna have to pay Lawler some big $$$.

This is the real main event IMO.

7 Likes

Josh is a dick, and wants better betting options

2 Likes

Omg. This is the video josh Thompson is talking about and it’s from over 2 years ago and it’s not even Nick Diaz in the fucking video lol

1 Like

I mean, Robbie connecting on anyone is bad news. That being said, Diaz brothers are zombies, and if anyone can take a punch it’s them. Nick is 38, and eventually it’ll take less to turn his lights off. This might or might not be that moment. Robbie is 39 himself so we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

He looks pretty bad here

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUJL5rBpnBa/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

Damn…Father Time is a Motherfucker

Nick is younger than Robbie by 2 years lol

1 Like

After watching that video, and seeing Chael Sonnen predict Nick to win, I now am worried

I think Nick is going to get fucked up…

1 Like

Nick seems in a dark negative place, i wonder if he is injured.

1 Like

6 Likes

I said in another thread, i love nick diaz and cant wait to see him fight again. However his last 6 years of partying vs lawlers last 6 years of fighting killers and rehabbing a torn acl are not even close to the same thing.

The thing with nick and nate though is you just never know. Its possible nick get clipped once and hes right back to where he was 6 years ago and entertains the fuck out of us. Its also possible he looks like evander holyfield against vitor in there

2 Likes