Gilbert Burns and Masvidal Verbally Agree - OR NOT

yuppp

2 Likes

Masvidal Won’t Entertain “Idiot” Burns Anymore

During a recent interview with MMA Fighting’s Mike Heck, Masvidal noted that the only months he confirmed his availability for to the UFC was March or April 2023, with the idea being to secure a place on the card headlined by Leon Edwards‘ first title defense.

After further clarifying why the Burns matchup fell apart, “Gamebred’ asserted that he won’t be entertaining the Brazilian’s remarks anymore, having concluded that they’re being posted as a means to boost his follower count.

“This fight, from my end, was offered but never official. I always shut it down because I couldn’t fight… This guy loses his sh*t like I promised him a dance,” Masvidal said. “The only dance I promised was March or April, whenever it is that Leon fights… I put out the word out there… Gilbert says, ‘Nah, I don’t wanna fight, I wanna fight in Brazil.’

“Keep my name out your mouth, bro. Every time he mentions my name, he gets a couple more thousand followers. That’s the gimmick he’s doing. If he wants to fight, we’ll fight in March, we’ll fight in April, we’ll fight in London; that’s it,” Masvidal added. “I don’t really entertain these idiots, man. They can all go f*ck themselves. I’m here for me.”

For now, Burns’ focus on Masvidal is likely to take a backseat while he adjusts his sights to the task at hand early next year, when he looks to return to winning ways at the expense of the UFC’s all-time leader for welterweight wins, Magny.

I can’t fucking stand the fact a guy like Jorge Masvidal is even given the time of day in the UFC. There are amateurs in the nonexistent Special Olympics MMA division with zero fights that are more deserving than him.

Masvidal was one of my favorite fighter until recently. He went mental after Colby got in his head

1 Like

I’m not asking you to defend your choice of favorite or whatever. Just curious as to what made him a favorite of yours, objectively. His record is garbage. He is garbage. His style is garbage. Fuck me, why did that knee land :roll_eyes: