Gilbert Burns showing off new UFC glove design? To lessen eye pokes?

They should’ve just paid Trevor Whitman. Or at the very least take his fucking glove and trial it in local fight nights. If it performed, trial them in the contender series. Trial them for a full year outside the ufc who gives a fuck but if it works and it stops eyepokes then just change them over. Do we have to wait until some guys eye is on the canvas like any given Sunday

4 Likes

ImprobableMarriedIndusriverdolphin-max-1mb
LOVE Any Given Sunday!

2 Likes

I feel like I didn’t see eye pokes much at all in pride. Am I misremembering? Because thinking about it now, I can’t remember many fights that had them. But that was 20 years ago. Anyway, if eye pokes were that big of a deal to them, they would’ve fixed this already. Idk what’s wrong with those in charge

2 Likes

I think people do it on purpose now. You’re guaranteed at least one warning with 0 repercussions.

2 Likes

What a shitty way to be. Unless I really want to hurt you or unless you attack me in my eye, I’d never want to do that to someone just to win a contest. That is life changing when it goes bad and i do not want that on my conscience.

Dirty mother fuckers these days.

1 Like

Agreed. Can change the whole momentum of a fight

2 Likes

See Jones and DCs entire careers

2 Likes

I remember an older Rogan episode with Trevor, and I think Onyx did design their own gloves, and he was trying to get UFC to use them.

Edit: Sorry I misread lol. You said this same thing. I remember from what he said, they didn’t seem that interested. I’m guessing they need to design their own, so they can sell cheap UFC brand gloves at sporting good stores.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that Bellator isn’t reusing a bunch of old UFC gloves.

1 Like

Has Bellator had many eye pokes?

1 Like
1 Like

MMA Junkie is saying the gloves have more curvage

1 Like

The fingers are longer by a couple cm

100%

Complete bullshit.

Lmao Gilbert making headlines from false headlines. Almost seems intentional .

Lol. Same exact sizes

These are the same gloves with a new logo. The tag even says 2021

Fighters were a lot tougher back then. If they happened the fighters didn’t complain

The UFC wanted full rights over who could use his gloves. He didn’t like that deal.

2 Likes