Gilbert Yvel in the UFC now??

PembrokePinesVillain -  you spelt jiujitsu wrong...

You cannot spell Jiu-Jitsu wrong. There is no correct spelling, it's phonetically spelt.

a blind don frye kicking his ass was one of my favourite mma moments ever..

honestly, Yvel was a dick back in the day, but he was brought in to be slaughtered and he did the best he can, now that he is well trained and more mature it is a different fighter..... I don't feel bad for referees, judges, or promoters, they are all making a buck off of people getting beat up/brain damaged, or their bodies mangled... Yvel is/was a dirty fighter I agree, but ultimately, fighting is a dirty business....

I will always root against him, but if he makes 205, he is good enough to be a solid addition to the UFC roster. He could potentially give Machida an interesting fight, which not many guys in the UFC now can do.

slamming - Loss Roman Zentsov KO (Punch) PRIDE - Total Elimination Absolute 5/5/2006 1 4:55

I watched this fight last night. Another example of Pride's terrible refereeing. Yvel is knocked out COLD and Zentsov is standing above him for a couple of seconds obviously realising this and reluctant to hit him again.

The ref only steps in when Zentsov clobbers him again.

Didn't Roman hold back and make the motion like he was gonna hit yvel again to get the fight eventually stopped?

yawn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INLLKtCYd4

Hahaha, some people just can't admit when they're wrong. :p

It would be nice for Yvel to get a gig in the UFC but he'll just be another small fish in their big pond. I'd like to see him in Strikeforce, where he would have a higher profile and probably get to fight more often.

If he does choose to sign with the UFC though, I'll look forward to watching him fight. His style can lead to exciting fights, and his ground game has improved a lot over the past couple of years.