Gi's...decisions decisions

I hate my 2 Atama gis. I love my HCK and my Gameness Bootleg Brasilian version.

"HCK is always low on stock since he's too concerned doing no gi."

WTF are you talking about. He is low on stock because Atama jacked up their prices and everyone bought up the Howards...

"GAMENESS..#1"

I noticed the other night at the school i'm visiting that almost everybody was wearing a Gameness Platinum.

The instructor was wearing a Vitamins and Minerals gi.

"I don't like that seam running right down the middle of the person's spine. It looks uncomfortable and i've heard feedback reinforcing my observation."

Umm...ok. What sport are you doing? 'Cause in BJJ I find I spend a lot of time being crushed by people, having guys yank on my limbs, and try to choke me unconcious. These things, at times, can make me uncomfortable. However, I swear to god that I have never -ever- noticed the seam on the back of my gi :)

O.K. guys different situation: 6'7", 300 lbs. (think NFL lineman body type).
Who makes a good Gi for us bigger guys? War goes up to an A7, don't think I need quite that big, but, haven't seen much else in A5/A6.
Currently own 2 Krugans A5's but have noticed that the Black has shrunk more so than the Blue.
Any help?

"Umm...ok. What sport are you doing? 'Cause in BJJ I find I spend a lot of time being crushed by people, having guys yank on my limbs, and try to choke me unconcious. These things, at times, can make me uncomfortable. However, I swear to god that I have never -ever- noticed the seam on the back of my gi :)"

LOL!

It was just an observation, but I like your desciption of things that fall into the catagory of "uncomfortable."

"Umm...ok. What sport are you doing? 'Cause in BJJ I find I spend a lot of time being crushed by people, having guys yank on my limbs, and try to choke me unconcious. These things, at times, can make me uncomfortable. However, I swear to god that I have never -ever- noticed the seam on the back of my gi :)"

LOL!

It was just an observation, but I like your desciption of things that fall into the catagory of "uncomfortable."

True that.

if the seam down the back doesn't bother you, you're either a top player
or a fatty, imo :)

Honestly the best company I have dealt with is Sirius when it comes to Gi's.  They have many different cuts and styles....single weave, gold weave, ect. 

Shoot them an e-mail, ask for Amparo. She will get you the size and fit you need. I have had my Sirius Gi for 2 years and only minor wear has occured, that is with 4 days a week training in it.

Tell her Devon sent you, you won't be dissapointed in the quality or the service.

-Devon

"Honestly the best company I have dealt with is Sirius when it comes to Gi's."

I'm really looking forward to getting mine soon. Hopefully it's already shipped.

How long does it normally take to recieve an order from them using UPS ground?

asymmetrik - nice try, but I'm 5'10" and 159lbs. And at least for the 1st 3years of BJJ, I was a guard guy.

By the way, back to the thread topic...best gi I have had was a Howard single. Good fit, and I still have the pants. My Atama and Vulcan are both just ok in comparison. The vulcan doesn't seem so tough. The pants especially seem flimsy.

Getting my new Koral later today...

i like my pearl a lot.

+1 for gameness

scared at the thought of rolling with a guy 6'7, 300 lbs

2TALL4BJJ; Huge thanks (no pun). I'll check those options and see what works best.
CaliKyle; No worries, trust me. My teacher is CONSTANTLY stressing technique over size/strength. I only squish the guys who are whooping my @$$ or don't realize that class is not an ego trip.

Kthanks, but I'm still keeping an eye on you

Got my new SIRIUS gi today!

I ordered it on Sat May 26 and it got here in exactly one week using UPS ground. Thats BADASS!!!

It's the ultralite goldweave, so it's a little thinner than my HCK comp single. I tried on the jacket and it's a perfect fit. Very comfortable and easy to move in. I haven't tried on the pants yet, but i'm sure they're just fine.

I can't wait to roll in this thing.

Anyone have the "other" Gameness?

Some Sirius gi's have a drawstring that breaks VERY easily. The Sirius single is an excellent gi with excellent cut... Goldweave is OK.

I've noticed quite a few are speaking highly of "Gameness" but no one has mentioned anything about "Krugans." I was under the impression that Krugans was a popular gi.

Is Gameness that much better, and in what way?

I'm 5'-9" and 160. I have owned Koral classic. HCK double weave, KF, Atama and have just ordered a Keiko limited. The Atama is the most comfortable gi I own and has held up very well over the past 4 years. The Koral is the lightest and has held up equally well over the last 4 years. The HCK was simply too heavy and cumbersome so I quit wearing it after a year and a half. The KF was a good gi but not nearly as comfortable or light as the Koral or Atama.

As far as price goes, if you get 3-5 years of use out of a gi I don't believe anything under $200 is an unreasonable amount of money to pay for one. If a gi is comfortable and take's a beating week in and week out it's well worth the money. Your averaging anywhere from $40 to $65 a year for the only equipment you need to train BJJ.