Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka

I couldn’t believe his Chin and Cardio at that age and after all his miles… His heart we all know is of a lion

3 Likes

fucking excellent fight

4 Likes

What?

That’s not true and Glover will tell you that

Yeah. Hands moving, in and out footwork fucking with your depth perception, punches coming from the waist, then that foxtail whipping around makes it hard to focus. Glover was landing some solid punches though.

1 Like

I didn’t realize how big Jiri is, but he made glover look tiny at the face off

1 Like

Wheres Rumble Johnson?

He would KO Jiri so hard

I was wondering if anyone would catch my exaggeration… hehe

1 Like

Ok Boomer

2:30 am. Bar time. Just got home haven’t been following the thread I’ll catch up tomorrow.

My thoughts: Thought Jiri tapped early, rd 1 or 2, thought because of injury.

Terrible fight IQ by Jiri. I was rooting for him at the start and the longer it went i was like fuck hd doesn’t deserve to win go glover.

Terrible fight IQ by Glover in rd 5 dropping for the guillotine. IdR if he ever got up from that of if that directly lead to the fight ending no hooks rnc but the old man was getting the better of the stand up and that choke attempt was a mistake.

Edit: I’m catching up now!!!

I saw it

For a guy with that many fights his fight iq is not what it should be

Not a great era for LHW imo

Fight IQ does not depend on the amount of fights. You either have it or not.

Jiri is very physically gifted, as in he’s big and can fit into the LHW class, but he gets hit a lot and doesn’t seem like a thinking fighter, more like a let’s see who falls first type.

Can you imagine that against Jones?

2 Likes

Sure you can we just saw it. But it doesn’t happen against compentent grapplers ever unless they have are exhausted or panicked. Ever. There are plenty of options to escape a RNC if they are aren’t controlling your hips.

1 Like
2 Likes

Jiri is crafty but Glover has great technique in his punches

1 Like

Meh

Probably not.

memory lane

jiri had the bulldog angle where as Peña’s RNC wasn’t as tight imo as she was directly on Peña’s back without hooks. Hori’s was a lot tighter and it was also r5 of a war. Nune was also gassed but I think had a much better technical chance of getting out had she tried.

3 Likes