'Go make money fights while you're still a big name': Volkanovksi warns Holloway about trilogy fight

1 Like

Damn I enjoy watching both of these guys. I guess I’d rather see Max go get some of those Conor dollars before a third fight, but that’s just me. I dunno tho… would Conor do 145? Would Max do 155?

Max won that second fight, Volk knows.

4 Likes

Conor won’t ever fight at 145 again IMO.

Max already fought Dustin at 155 so IF this match takes place – and I don’t think it does – I see it at LW.

Conor needs a win and he’s not going to get it against Max.

Like it or not the nate trilogy fight is the fight to make for both Conor and Nate.

2 Likes

Overgrown midget lost the hematch

1 Like

Yeah that’s true. All of it. However, would they even give Nate that fight with only 1 left on his contract?

Who else is there for Volk to fight? The top 5 is littered with people Max has dominated.

Is it the right fight at this time for the ufc given nates contract status? I don’t know and that’s a great question.

If they feel like they are going to lose Nate then why not try to get one more massive PPV event out of him?

That’s one argument I’d be interested in hearing other thoughts.

1 Like

I was hoping zombie would get in there, until Ortega whooped him. I don’t think he’s fought Volk or Max, unless I’m brain farting.

I don’t know. I guess it’s inevitable Max. Then what if Max gets the win this time? They just fight each other until they retire?

Haha okay maybe that prospect doesn’t seem as bad as it felt in my head when I was typing it, but whatever.

We’ll see I guess.

1 Like

As for volk…maybe giga if he ko’s Calvin, or maybe cejudo?

Or maybe volk moves to LW. No shortage of challenges there.

Did he?

Overgrown midget lost? Really?

You mean mad cunt Volk fucking won you shit cunt

1 Like

Volk doesn’t want to fight Max again.

2 Likes

Haha can u blame him? I don’t think he’s scared for a minute, but after being up 2-0 on the records, with enough people saying he didn’t win at least the second fight, then also having a few scary moments in the Ortega fight… maybe he would prefer to try on at least one more set of clothes, instead of go back into that Max heat.

I don’t believe Volk got duck in him. If the UFC says they want a third as next, I’m sure he’ll go right on with it.

I’m being a fanboy here. Kinda wish they were not in the same division.

2 Likes

I agree. The question is why?

Does he think he’ll lose? Does he feel he has nothing more to prove vs Max? Would he have a hard time getting motivated for a third fight?

I personally think he thinks he has nothing left to prove having gone 2-0 vs Max and feels insulted at people wanting a 3rd fight.

3 Likes

It’s a tough fight for sure. I don’t think he’s scared. I suspect that he just wants to fight other contenders but the problem is Max is beating them.

I had Max winning the 2nd fight and I’d put money on him winning the 3rd fight.

2 Likes

Max is great but Yair hung in there with him just fine. I think Volk would win a 3rd fight as well

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re being a fanboy. You’re right. Volk absolutely isn’t afraid of that fight but there’s no reason to jump into a third one right now. As much as I love Max, that fight will always be there. Volk beat him twice in a short period of time, even if we think Max won the second fight.

A guy like Volk wants new challenges. He wants to move on for now. The guy has ambitious goals. Let him defend the belt a couple more times. It’s hard to say what’s next for Max. I’m sure the UFC will make the trilogy soon anyways cause historically that’s just how they do business. It’s just a weird time for 145.

1 Like