GOAT misses weight by 8lbs

She should bow out and pull the “mental health” card. The media will praise her heroism and bravery.

15 Likes

She should just come hang out with me tomorrow and watch the fights at my place. I’m just a few miles from the apex. We can chill and smoke and help ease that anxiety. Don’t mind the extra 8 lbs either. Let me know nicco!

3 Likes

The commissions do kill fights over wide weight differences.
I don’t know if they did it here or the ufc did. But commissions do it all the time. Some commissions more than others.
Some states used to use the 15 pound rule.
If the fighters are under 200 they have to be within 15.
Well at least one state did. But that was long ago.
Doubt there are formal rules now but if one guys 170 and they other 180 I doubt many commissions would allow it

They used to do it a lot but lately I see them allowing the show to go on with the purse penalty being the only penalty.

didn’t she put out a teary video about a previous weight miss recently, as if to explain away that one weight cut anomaly? I think she did! and celebrated with a large dominos delivery which surprised the driver.

How is she 5’5 but can’t make 125 lbs? Or apparently 135 lbs either…

Rumble Johnson missed weight in one class and moved up and missed in a higher class too but at least he had an excuse for missing in the first class. Rumble is 6’2 and muscular. He missed weight by 12 lbs for his MW fight vs Vitor, pretty sure thats a record miss for UFC men.

This has to be a record for UFC WMMA weight misses… 7 lbs over 135 when you 5’5, Jesus!

She don’t even look that lean or drained.

1 Like

Fight is off per wiki when I looked up her height.

After Rumble missed by 12 he still fought and then fought 4x more that year.

How much you want to bet that she don’t fight this year?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bet a damn thing! She’s forever missing out on fights for one reason or another.

agreed

2 Likes

She’s native american so it’s not fair to hold her to the same weight standards as the other women. Their bodies have a heavier bone structure and their muscles retain more water and their digestion is sensitive to a lot of foods that the other women arent. She is brave for trying and it just shows her strength in the way she pushes her body to failure. Heart of a buffalo.

4 Likes

No idea if it matters for this specific case, but I’ve always wondered whether there’s any medical analysis on female versus male weight cutting? Does anyone know?

Anecdotally, I feel like more females than males miss weight by large margins. I could of course be wrong from a statistical standpoint. And even if I’m not, perhaps the higher percentage is due to laziness, unprofessionalism, etc.

But . . . if the percentages are in fact significantly different, is there any evidence supporting the conclusion that it may be harder for females to reliably cut weight down to a specific number?

If so, the issue would be readily folded in to the broader discussion of reasons to seek to limit or avoid weight cutting altogether in combat sports.

1 Like

A water retaining buffalo…

2 Likes

Certainly not “lean”

I agree that common sense tells you there are times when women will have a very difficult time shedding water weight through no fault of their own. Obviously her issues are much bigger than that.

Statement from the 125 GOAT

I also want to say thank you to everyone at the UFC P.I. and Syndicate for believing in me and helping me get to this fight with more love and support than anyone could ask for. I truly felt the best I’ve ever felt going into this fight.

When your weight is an issue and you have a fight coming, you have to get it right.

Not, “It just didn’t work out this time.”

3 Likes

All excuses aside, that’s clearly someone who isn’t dedicated to her profession. She’s made 125 before, so making 135 should be a piece of cake.

4 Likes

The piece of cake could be the problem.

8 Likes

I loved that fight. Vitor used wrestling.

1 Like