Going to Chicago

I will by flying out to Chicago this Saturday. I'll be there for a week. Has anyone been to Chicago? Can you guys give me tips on good places to eat and checkout? I'm too old for the clubbing scene, but I would appreciate some tips on good eating establishments and site seeing stuff. Thanks.

isnt there those 2 cheese steak places?

^^I think that's in Philly. Chicago is known more for their Chicago style hot dogs and deep dish pizza. Can anyone confirm?

kch, try posting on the og. somebody will prolly come through for you

this is what i've found in chicago

http://chicago.citysearch.com/bestof/winners/hot_dog

Alright, thnx i will post on the og. Ronald, thanks i'll check that out as well. I was just hoping for some first hand insight from someone from the HG that may have visited or lived there.

Ohara, worst airport EVA!!!

That airport has the worst people on the planet, fuck them all

Where u staying in Chicago? Great food all over the city, depends on what you like. Check out a SOX or CUBS game. All kind of things to see. UFC just had a press confrence for UFC 90 @ Millenium Park under the "Bean"

chicago's a big city. we hung out mostly around the museums and the pier. never made it to the magnificent mile. during the summer, they had free trolley rides along different lines around the city. hot dogs are really good and deep dish pizza wasn't to our liking. locals are cool and helpful. if you like architecture, frank lloyd wright walking tour and home musuem was nice. again, this was during the summer. i don't know what the weather is like at this time of year.

Kimchee: You Chris Onzuka's friend?  If so, he called me the other day to try to find places for you to train at.  Either way, email me at EMoon312@yahoo.com I'll tell you some good places to go.  I'm a Hawaii boy who came to Chicago for school and never looked back.  There's so much more to Chicago's food than hot dogs & pizza!  Chicago is a great city!

And its even greater now that the State has legalized MMA and the Ironheart Crown is back in full force!  First big, all-pro show fully sanctioned by the state within the city limits.  We even beat the UFC!  Chicago belongs to Ironheart!

now i know who you are kch =) over heard the conversation with mike on tuesday night after practice and then i read this.

ironheartcrown - Kimchee: You Chris Onzuka's friend?  If so, he called me the other day to try to find places for you to train at.  Either way, email me at EMoon312@yahoo.com I'll tell you some good places to go.  I'm a Hawaii boy who came to Chicago for school and never looked back.  There's so much more to Chicago's food than hot dogs & pizza!  Chicago is a great city!

And its even greater now that the State has legalized MMA and the Ironheart Crown is back in full force!  First big, all-pro show fully sanctioned by the state within the city limits.  We even beat the UFC!  Chicago belongs to Ironheart!

what's up doc? i'm a friend of barry. i met your bro at a mutual friends get together. of course, there's more to chicago cuisine than hot dog's and deep dish, but that's a must just for the experience.

what's up doc? i'm a friend of barry. i met your bro at a mutual friends get together. of course, there's more to chicago cuisine than hot dog's and deep dish, but that's a must just for the experience.
Barry Bulgarian?  How do you know both Barry and my Brother?  Cool, man.  Are you in Chicago or Hawaii?

"white van" barry. went to school with bar. as for your brother, 3 degrees of seperation. my wife's co-worker's husband's friend. actually, met your dad, too, at a get together a few years ago. enjoyed some wine and martial arts conversation. only knew your brothers first name until several meetings, finally got his last name. just by chance, i made the connection. i'm in hawaii.

LOL wannaberich!  No way! Barry was my best friend for a few years.  We had some friggin episodes together!  There was one time I got KO'ed by a bouncer at a shady bar so he pulled a gun on the guy and almost got arrested but the cops new his uncle who was a high-ranking HPD & they let him go... Meanwhile  I had a concussion and slight hemorrhage in my brain and was out of commission for about a week!

What ever happened to Barry?  I tried calling his old home number a bunch of times since I've been in Chicago but could never reach him.  How is he doing?  Tell him I said hi. 

Jeez man, flashbacks!

yeah, i was avoiding the glory details just in case someone might recognize the scene of the crimes. i hardly see him but he's still alive and kicking. as far as i know, his old number was still good but then again, i haven't used it in years. last i scene him, my wife and i went to a mutual friends house for a christmas thing. we introduce ourselves to a woman who then turns to introduce us to her husband. lo and behold, it's barry. you can get the details of his marital status if you get in touch w/ him. i don't like to gossip. i believe he finally got a new white van. i'll let'em know you said hi. on a side note, another friend went to architecture school in chicago. lynn miyamoto. know what happened to her?

ironheartcrown - Kimchee: You Chris Onzuka's friend?  If so, he called me the other day to try to find places for you to train at.  Either way, email me at EMoon312@yahoo.com I'll tell you some good places to go.  I'm a Hawaii boy who came to Chicago for school and never looked back.  There's so much more to Chicago's food than hot dogs & pizza!  Chicago is a great city!

No sorry I don't know Chris Onzuka. I am in Schaumberg for one week. I just got into town. Thanks for the offer tho!

Alright, I just checked into my hotel room. It is rainy and overcast here. I'll try and take some pics of anything I think the HG will be interested in. Perhaps a blue namer can help me post?

alphadogg - now i know who you are kch =) over heard the conversation with mike on tuesday night after practice and then i read this.

Ey, now you have to tell me who you are! Shoots.