Gokor Seminar/Tourney Knox TN 4/17

Vince,

Man, if you can make it I will be in your debt. I am having four rings running. Last time we had 50 show up and had 2 rings for adults and 1 for kids. This time there should be at least a hundred or more. Ken Harte (Gokor's Instructor) will run one ring. Max Bishop (Gokor's Instructor) will run another. Vince (for everyone who doesn't know he's also one of Gokor's instructors) if you can make it I would do the happy dance. I'd have you run another. I have a guy or two lined up to run the kid's ring. I think Glenn Cole (affiliated with Max Bishop) will do it.

Please Lord, if you would let Vince please be here I wouldn't... and I would always...

Jason,

There will be beginner and advanced. We run the beginer at under 2 yrs exp. and the advanced at 2 years and over. We have advanced guys coming from everywhere and beginners from all over. There are guys coming in from Idaho, Maimi FL, Ohio, California, Arkansas, etc...

Glad to have you and your guys.

Preregister and you'll save a little $.

All the info is on our new site (www.xtremekarate.info)

Shalom,
Mat

ttt

ttt

Team Soneca-Gracie Barra will be there in force

Piggle,

I am sorry to hear you can't make it. We have several Guys from Arkansas and Memphis coming. Max Bishop and his guys are coming for the Seminar and Tourney. If you like, I can give you their contact info and you may be able to catch a ride as they come through. If it is $ for the hotel room you are worried about I am letting anyone who wants, sleep on the mats at the school (no in house showers but you could pay someone a $ or two to use their hotel room's shower I bet). Anyway if you want the contact info email me at info@xtremekarate.info and I'll shoot it to you. It's worth a try.

Shalom,
Mat

ChokeEmOut,

Where are you coming from?

Brandon,

We have decided to ad an award for the top team finish. We are still working out the details but we are pretty sure that the award will be a nice Shirasaya Wood incased Katana signed by Gokor to display in the winning school. So the more guys you bring the better the showing.

I appreciate all the support.

Shalom,
Mat

Mat,

That sounds like an awesome award!

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it. I'm looking forward to the training and the tourny!

Vince

Vince,

THAT ROCKS!! Just so we get it straight this time the tourney is SATURDAY during the day!! No OOPS this time!!

:-) Just kidding big guy...

The Toruney starts at around 11:00 and the weigh in is as soon as people can get there. If you want to save cash I am letting people stay at the school. If you want a hotel the Holiday Inn Downtown Knoxville is giving a special deal. $129 rooms for $69 including parking. You just have to call them and tell them you are with the Xtreme Karate group. We have a place reserved for dinner Saturday night after the seminar and it should be able to accomodate everyone. I'll call you soon to talk to you about it and the RMATA.

Thanks for coming man!

Shalom,
Mat

piggle,

I know that Max Bishop (sweet grappler) is coming from just outside of Memphis over in Ar Kansas. If you don't know those guys I can give you the contact info if you want it.

Just a suggestion though, not sure if they would have the room or not but wouldn't hurt to ask. Plus you can sleep here on the mats. If you can't afford to participate in the Seminar there is a nominal watching fee.

Shalom,
Mat

awesome, come and compete it should be a blast!

ttt

ttt

The Gi situation goes like this.

There is no Gi rules as in length of sleeves etc. I know one guy actually wears a Gi a couple sizes too small. He wants to wear a Gi for his own reasons but doesn't want to give up the Gi chokes too easily and things like that. Another guy wears one because he says it is just more gentlemanly. The guy is a sweet grappler and does very well with it. Many choose to wear different combinations of fight shorts or Gi pants, t-shirts, no shirts, shoes or no shoes.

You can wear one and your opponent may choose not to. You may wear only shorts and your opponent Gi pants and a T-shirt. You can wear a Gi for one match and not for another. It's all up to you.

Here's the catch. If you wear any part of a Gi it can be grasped. If you wear pants and a T-shirt your opponent can grab your pants but not your shirt. If you wear a Gi top and shorts (ie. Sambo Kurtka) your top can be grabbed but not your shorts. Any belt can be grabbed and utilized as well. And there is no limit to how you can use the Gi or belt to your advantage either wearing it or on your opponents body. Hog tie them with their belt if you like.

Remember in our tourney the refs are kings. If one ref allows you to do the hockey pull the top (Gi only) over the head thing that doesn't mean another ref will. We are letting small things like that float to give more of a realistic feel to the rules. The ref is the FINAL word and if they have a question Gokor makes the decision.

In a nutshell, wear any part of a Gi and it can be used by you or your opponent.

The least amount of clothing is drawstring shorts with no shoes or top. The shoes must be very low tread and wrestling style shoes.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to clarify since I have had a couple of people ask about it.

Shalom,
Mat

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt