Golden Boy Promotions is despicable

"Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer announced today that former unified middleweight champion Jermain Taylor (31-4-1, 19 KOs) will return on the December 14 Broner-Maidana undercard in San Antonio Texas. Taylor will face J.C. Candelo (32-12-4, 21 KOs). It will be the first fight of 2013 for both fighters."

Does G.B. not care about the health of fighters ? Allowing Jermain Taylor, the man Lou DiBella stopped promoting 4 years ago due to the obvious affects of a long boxing career, to fight another man in J.C. Candelo who is also showing signs of his health deteriorating. What a sad day, to think I was looking forward to watching Maidana fight Broner, now I will no longer be tuning into that fight

Isn't it really a situation where it's up to the fighter though?  I mean, if he's going to fight, he's going to fight.  It might as well be on a bigger card where he gets more money versus fighting across seas or on Indian reservations for less money.

Would they both not need medicals to be clear to fight? Il take a stab in the dark and say yes so if they are clear to fight with the papers from the doctor it is upto the fighter himself!! Not saying i agree but if the have the papers nothing can stop it from happening Phone Post 3.0

Here is the form they'll have to comply with.  Because of Candelo's age, he'll have to get a brain scan.

http://www.tdlr.state.tx.us/sports/box001.pdf

Galanis - 

Wow.. The same Jermain Taylor? Shit, he must need money really bad. Shame on Golden Boy for letting this happen. What a tragedy Taylor is.. He must really need the money, wow.

Voted up

Taylor made some decent money in his day before his fall. Is this a pride thing or did he blow it all?