Gomi Takes Kick Like Hunt (Vid)

"25 pound weight difference is pretty substantial"

I'm pretty sure Rogerio cuts some weight and comes in fight time like everybody else at around 215-220.

"
People dont come out of a metal press there will be alot of variety in the pathing of veins and nerves even in comparing Identical Twins....They are not the same person."

I know they are not. But they are similar enough. Similar enough to be both top 5 fighters in their respective weight classes. Similar enough to look the same, have nearly the same voice, similar enough to both look like old men in their early 30's.

Don't you agree that your "chin" is partially based in genetics? or you believe you can train to have a better chin. Please tell me that technique.

My point is you can have the same genes and through differences in development from the time of conception the resulting product will be different if not clearly so. There are so man little factors that some variation in the end result must be assumed.

For example there are trees that have the same genes such as the aspen. 1 tree will have the same genes as the one next to it but the branches and such wont mirror each other exactly.

Great kick by Kuwabara

Better recovery from Gomi

Awesome.

Can you imagine a kid laying in a hospital just waiting to be able to move around, be a kid, play sports etc?

I was sick as a kid, but being in a hospital for months? or was it a year? That he was in there

"I'm pretty sure Rogerio cuts some weight and comes in fight time like everybody else at around 215-220."

Yes, Rogerio cuts weight. But he's still smaller than his brother. That is fact. That alone should be proof enough that they aren't 100% identical and that one's chin means nothing in regards to the other's.

Until I see Minotauro laid out flat on his back unconscious, I'm gonna assume his chin is stronger than Rogerio's. Keep in mind that Minotauro has been hit flush by some of the hardest hitters in the sport, including Fedor and Cro Cop.

Nobody is saying you can train to have a better chin. I don't know why you even brought that up.

TTT

"I just had to stare at this statement for a while... but did you just say that we know Nog doesn't have the best chin because his BROTHER was recently ko'd? Should Mino also drop down the rankings because of these bizarre vicarious wins and losses?"

lol

By the way, Nog and Rogerio are fraternal, not identical twins. Which should be obvious given the fact that Rogerio is an inch shorter and has a different face.

Anyway, I love that Gomi vid. Hope to see him fighting again soon. He kind of got derailed with the two Aurelio performances and the Diaz loss.

hmmm...I always thought Identical not Fraternal, but I have never seen it confirmed, anyone got a source?

Source for being fraternal is their different heights and different faces, i.e. the fact that they aren't identical :P

LOL at the gentics experts on here. (and I don't mean orcus)

This vid didnt show a Hunt-like chin to me. It showed great composure, iron will, and great conditioning to recover. I'm not saying he doesnt have a great chin, but getting rocked isn't a good display of it.

Still he was clearly wobbled bad and probably would have gotten destroyed in a pure MMA match with no standing 8 count, or whatever the hell that break was the ref gave him.

ttt for an almost hijacked thread

Shooto gives the standing eight on a knockdown.

Oh, and yeah, Gomi is one tough motherfucker.

"Although they are identical twins, Rogerio can be distinguished from his brother by his lighter weight, and by the presence of a scar on his brother's lower back."

that was a great fight!

not only is his chin outstanding but he barely gets any cuts or swelling either... he has the fighters genes for sure...

see Gomi vs Azaredo bushido 9 or Bushido 7 Gomi vs Diaz.... Gomi vs Kowajiri he gets hit hard and a lot with little or no evidence....

"Didn't Mino prove his chin by getting highkicked by CroCop?

I really want to agree with EY, but the guy is obviously the CRE of the Pride fans, or is CRE the EY of UFC fans? "

Yes. And rogerio has proved his chin as well in numerous wars, most notably with Shogun. The point is that NOBODY expected any of the Nog brothers to get KOed like that. It was a surprise to us all. WHY? Because we made the association of them being identical twins, and Big NOg having a great chin. Don't pretend like you weren't surprised.

"Don't pretend like you weren't surprised."

Of course we were surprised. Everyone was. I still don't see what one brother getting KO'd has anything to do with the other's chin.

Well, apparantly he wasn't wobbled enough to lack the courtesy to give the ref his sharpie back, lol.

Plus, if you watch closely, after he gets dropped, he was still self-aware to try to catch the soccer kicks (and perhaps attempt a transition to a single leg). Would've been interesting if this happened in a pride ring.