Gonzalez Talks Winner Bout At BAMMA 8

Top Swedish fighter Diego Gonzalez meets Andre Winner in Winner's hometown on December 10th at BAMMA 8.

Gonzalez has been fighting since 2002 and has fought Dan Hardy (who he "beat" although it was later changed to a NC), Gono, Daniel Acacio and lots of other good guys.

This is his first fight at lightweight, and he believes he will find a solution to Andre Winner when they meet.

Some quotes:

Diego, firstly how excited are you to appear for the first time on BAMMA?

I’m really excited to be able to fight at a big show against a good opponent. His stand up is excellent and he is quick as hell. He may be a more technical boxer than me but I’ll find a solution for him.

You have a lot of experience and success at welterweight, what made you drop down a division and how easy a weight cut will it be for you?

It’s been in the plans for a while since it suits my frame more. I’ve been walking around lighter than ever so there won’t be any problems.

Andre mentioned you sucker punched his team mate Dan Hardy many years ago, I believe the bout was eventually called a no contest; can you elaborate why?

That’s probably going to haunt me forever but it was just something that happened. I didn’t have any intention doing it. Just some kind of short circuit in my brain I guess. I’m not a dirty fighter.

The interview is here:

www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/195/diego-gonzalez-andre-winner-interview-bamma-8.htm

There's also a pre-fight interview with Andre Winner on the site too.

Should be a great scrap!

Gonzalez's last fight where he won with a pretty slick toe hold against Jarko Latomaki.