Good (Drug Free) Sleep?

That t-shirt sleeve thing.... fucking amazing. The first night I slept only 5 hours and woke up BRIGHT and fucking refreshed. Couldn't even fall back asleep! Sometimes I sleep in some full lycra pants (rub liniment or capsacin the lycra keeps from getting it all over) my gf said it looks like some drunk super hero passed out in her bed lol

Andy the man - Doing a workout first thing in the morning (around 7am 'ish) does the trick for me.

Early/Tough workouts always work wonders i find.

I need to give this a shot, if I can ever persuade my body chemistry into being able to do so.

What sort of workout do you do?

U4EA - 
Andy the man - Doing a workout first thing in the morning (around 7am 'ish) does the trick for me.

Early/Tough workouts always work wonders i find.

I need to give this a shot, if I can ever persuade my body chemistry into being able to do so.

What sort of workout do you do?

Depends.

Either a Boxing workout (Pads & Bags for an 90 minutes) or an hour of Weightlifting which will usually encompass Squats, Clean & Presses and some Body-weight moves ;-)

I find that anything done around that time followed by a long day (Bed around 10.30pm) = A great nights sleep.

jdhawgs - If my dad has trouble falling asleep, he will eat a sandwich made with bread, mayo, a thick slice of onion & a glass of milk. He will be asleep within 5 or 10 minutes and it works every time.

Interesting remedy! But with all due respect, I hope he brushes and flosses thoroughly before turning in again. Can't imagine any bedmate being all that tolerant of mayo / onion breath....

8 hours and im still tired in the morning. i like to get 9-10 hours to feel refreshed

I stay away from caffine, like said already, 3-4 hours prior to sleep. I eat a banana about 30 mins before bed. Slow releasing energy throughout the night to help you go.

Having natural light to wake up to makes a HUGE difference I find. During winter I do feel a little groggier in the morning, but during these summer ones...I wake up raring to go!

I also read somewhere that the best thing for people who have disturbed sleep is to wear socks, as one of the main causes of poor sleep is cold feet. No sauce, just a silly thing that I remembered reading once!

Cheekyflip - I stay away from caffine, like said already, 3-4 hours prior to sleep. I eat a banana about 30 mins before bed. Slow releasing energy throughout the night to help you go.

Having natural light to wake up to makes a HUGE difference I find. During winter I do feel a little groggier in the morning, but during these summer ones...I wake up raring to go!

I also read somewhere that the best thing for people who have disturbed sleep is to wear socks, as one of the main causes of poor sleep is cold feet. No sauce, just a silly thing that I remembered reading once!

Light is a huge thing for me too. I always feel best when I am woken up by daylight.

I do night shifts and I've found that if i stick to a pattern of movement I'm usually asleep quickly. I get into bed lay on my right side then flip to my left side and go into the foetal postion and I'm out like a light in 5 min. Phone Post

Ehh sub...when i get on day shift I can get a nice sleep pattern going...but going from day to night completely throw me off Phone Post