Goodridge Lied

"And why do we care???? "
Good question? I know I don`t .

People can say it is absurd all they want but he still sucks and is boring to watch keep losing every time he fights anyone any good that isn`t in a worked fight.

HB, why do you think that fight was a fix? I saw a frame by frmae on here of that kick and it looked like it connected quite solid. I just don't understand the logic of that fight being worked if it was Gary's last figth in Pride. Did they want to build him up more for K-1.

Peter P

People are too quick to criticize Pro. fighters.
When the only guys in the world who can kick your ass are World-Class MMA fighters - I'd say your doing pretty damn good!

Go out and win some titles or shutup and know your place!!!

Gary Goodridge is a class act and one of NHB's more dangerous fighters.

Much Respect!

Peter you put this Gary's career into perspective. He has fought most of his fights in the most prestigious organizations. Still hangs with the young guns. Does not even look like he has aged much either. I think the UG is underestimating him.

I did not realize he made 8 appearances in the UFC. Wow, thats a lot!

That's interenstin HB. I still don't believe the fight was a work. It just doesn't make sense as to why. Ogawa on the other hand... it makes sense that Pride would want to fix that fight.

Omaplata, I remember reading in an interview with Gary a couple of years ago that he felt he had a good few years left because he has never smoked or drinked and lived a healthy lifestyle. I talked to Gary once at an IFC event in Montreal and he was very friendly and a cool guy to talk to.

TheHun, I don't think Gary would beat Sylvia or Arlovski, but that doesn't mean he sucks. It's too bad Gary's done with Pride because I wanted to see him fight Heath Herring.

Peter P

This weekend Gary is fighting in K-1. This will be his 35th MMA fight and if he wins it will be his 20th win. Now that's not fighting in small shows. That's a damn impressive career especially considering the fact that most of those fights have been on the big stage. Also he has had 8 K-1 fights with a record of 2-5-1. That inclde a KO over Mike Bernardo, a 5R dec loss to Mark Hunt and a draw with Musashi... not bad for an MMAer. An MMAer who started his career at age 30. Give Big Daddy his props.

Gary got my respect, true legend in MMA, he will go down in history with vicious KO in UFC 8, he won his first match debuting in the UFC.

"after realising that she was going to stop getting paychecks from his fights"

exactly.

"So much for him retiring from MMA. He is scheduled to fight in the next K-1 MMA tournament."

Follow boxing much? This was merely Gary's "First Retirement."