Gordon Ryan competes 2day

I’d be shocked if Peña made the match if I’m honest. Can’t see him wanting to get embarrassed so close to ADCC

1 Like

My predictions are
Gordon by sub
Izaak by RNC
Meragali by decision

Thank you! :grin:

I’m more excited for these results than most past ufc. People dislike Gordon for his loud cocky mouth but like Conner McGregor, for some reason doesn’t come off fake like many fighters/grapplers plus he’s willing to step up. He likes specific rule set but will compete against anyone in those rules. At adcc, he asked to compete in his weight class along with the super fight. No one has done that before. He wants to prove to everyone he’s the best

1 Like

For whatever reason, I feel compelled to post this.

Quite some time ago, Gordon Ryan competed against a regular guy in the ADCC qualifying tournament (IIRC).

Instead of tearing the guy up, it was basically an informal “private” lesson. You could see on the video where Gordon Ryan was coaching the guy the entire time until the referee stated that there was only 5/10/15 seconds left. At that point, Gordon Ryan immediately spun into an arm bar, pulled the guy’s arm so it was at about a 45 degree angle (instead of locking it up) and then looked at the guy, at which point the guy tapped of course.

I’ve always thought it was incredibly cool of Ryan to realize what was going on and then treat the guy like a student instead of hurting him.

12 Likes

Ryan Hall can’t be mentioned in the same breath as Gordon Ryan. Not the same universe in terms of skills.

Maia was great, but Ryan is a new breed and skill level.

5 Likes

good point. He tends not to clown on regular grapplers who were just unlucky enough to end up in the same bracket as him.

I have never seen him rip a sub on anyone either.

He is also the aspiest grappler to ever live, and I used to train with a guy who’s nickname was “The aspy”. Makes Ryan Hall sem super well adjusted and social.

3 Likes

Yearly* its a fuckin ripoff

1 Like

Honestly Ryan Hall isn’t really THAT great at pure BJJ. He has won a bunch of smaller shit, but when you put him against the top guys he gets beat rather soundly

1 Like

Id think a good wrestler like Nicky Rod etc

1 Like

Oh yeah. I have friends that have met him and they all talk about how that he’s just a regular dude. If you’re polite and respectful, then he is as well.

1 Like

What time does it start? In like an hour or?

Who?

1 Like

Gordon lost to Felipe Pena twice and Vinny Magalhaes. I think he lost to Leandro Lo aswell some years ago. Can’t think of any others. He hasn’t lost since Vinny.

On points. I don’t really remember much of the specifics of the match tbh.

They rolled. I’ll try to find the video.

Gordon basically spends 20+ minutes on his back

You might be thinking of Craig Jones. Craig has been toying around and wrestling a lot, losing to people he should beat.

1 Like
1 Like

Another channel had the Ryan x Palhares match up without that shit music but it got taken down. Whoever ran that event must really care about owning that match and making it unavailable

1 Like

thanks for the video but i did turn the sound off

3 Likes