Gracie Open 5 FEB 13th!

I think the idea of judges choosing a winner is a good idea, but will always be seen as unfair by someone.

I respect your goals and open mindedness, I am just confident that this system is in the infintile stages ans may need some tweeking (which you are open to).

Thanks for the comments. And yes, it is in the infintile stages at this point. This is only our 2nd tournament. We cant expect to be at the point of ADCC. That is why we are open to criticizm, and suggestions.

You have to acknowledge one thing- your system places more of the outcome on the judges than the competitors.

Well the judges are judging the competitors performance. So in the end, it is definitely the competitors performance that constitutes the ending of the fight.

I think the idea of judges choosing a winner is a good idea, but will always be seen as unfair by someone.

True. But one aspect that I really like about our system, is that our judges are competitors, themselves. They are not commissioners who are simply handed pieces of papers with rules, which they dont understand. Our judges have full knowledge of application of all positions, takedowns, sub attempts, everything, because they, themselves have been training, and competing in this field for years.

My fear of turning our tournament into a legitimized point score system, is that it will not differentiate from ANY other tournament out there. Thus, the same flaws, and practices (stalling) that are used in other tournament will sure to be used in ours. We do not want that. We think its best for the audience, and competitors, to prevent such tactics bieng used. For instance, our time clock doesnt start untill both competitors hit the floor. This prevents a wrestler for stalling 5 minutes, and shooting 1 takedown in the last minute of the fight to win 2-0.

But again, we are open to all suggestions.

TTT for the Gracie Open.

awesome feedback, thanks man. I like the part about the clock starting when they hit the floor!

I didnt mean to compare this to ADCC, just their scoring system. I have seen some very unique systems, from teh submission showdown to GQ to whatever- each have their merits. You have great goals- no stalling, holding, point fighting, etc.

If you roll up all the best systems out there, from ADCC To PRIDE, you might have something like this:

• GQ weight and skill divisions
  • NeverTap's time clock (when match hits ground)
  • Points and/or advantages given for sub attempts!
  • A warning followed by point deduction for stalling!
  • ????

Yes.... I like the system, of taking the best aspects of different tournaments. For instance, certain elements from ADCC, certain elements from Gracies, GQ, and so forth. I think every tournament out there has certain aspects, that are great for competition. If we take the best ideas from tournaments, and add those elements to our own, it would be beneficial for competitors, as well as the fans.

My only hope is that our tournament didnt put a damper between any relationship from Cesar's school, or to Nick Diaz. We were honored to have Nick compete in our tournament, and we were very excited with his performance. Regardless of how they feel towards us, we wish Nick, and Cesar the best. I spoke to Cesar on the phone, and I can say the man was all class. He was a very kind, and down to earth person. We hope to have more Gracie competitors in our shows in the future.

TTT

cool, class act. you should bring some guys to the gracie open.

FM

Will do. For sure.

ttt for classy competition..!!

ttt

ttt

You guys are gonna make me cry. But I will see all at the gracie open.