Gracie Schools

Do the schools of separate Gracie family members ever fight each other? example a student of renzo fighting a student of rorion? etc.

Not sure, but, if you line them all up, Im betting on Renzo's team!

tysonlc - Do you fight your cousins or uncles?

Yes

Yes.

When it happens, it is what is known as a "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament".

TrainJudo - Not sure, but, if you line them all up, Im betting on Renzo's team!

I'd bet on Relson's

shen - Yes.

When it happens, it is what is known as a "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament".

^ LOL

competitions are a hassle.

yea... I was speaking in terms of MMA. I was just curious considering the amount schools Affiliated with a gracie is staggering and if they are all part of the same network that's a ton of competitors that would never fight each other.

Rorion's school doesnt teach MMA

^^^ ? ^^^

I started at Gracie Torrance many many years ago, and the instruction was awesome from Royce, Rorion, Caique, and the student instructors that they had.

I think the closest i can remember of two Gracie school fighting was back when Royce got subbed by Wallid (BOOOOSHEEET!) Ismail, Carlson cornered Wallid and i believe that began a fued with the two sides of the fam, It wasnt MMA, but as intense as that match was, it should have been!

Royce hit a beautiful throw though..

Yeeehaw!

Train Judo!!

^Theres been a rivalry between Rorian & Carlsons schools waaaaaayyyyy before the Wallid fight.

ptm2020 - ^Theres been a rivalry between Rorian & Carlsons schools waaaaaayyyyy before the Wallid fight.

truth

Carlson recruited Judoka so he usually won though...just sayin.

ptm2020 - ^Theres been a rivalry between Rorian & Carlsons schools waaaaaayyyyy before the Wallid fight.

I stand corrected!...Well, the royce fight did nothing to ease the tension lol.