grading from female instructor

anyone out there know of any grown adult males who have gotten graded from female instructors?

i've never personally seen it, but i'm just interested in what forum members think of it.

whether it's from a mundials bb female or just some random bb female. is it still seen as "ok" or is it seen as worse then getting a bb from david lang

What on earth would be wrong with that? Phone Post

well there's a lot more to the situation that has come around but considering there are about a 6 gyms nearby that have legit male bb instructors and the fact that the female instructor isn't even there all the time.

i'm sure that seems a bit odd.

but in general, graded by a female instructor? me personally, if i didn't have any other options, then sure. but if there were other places to train, i dunno, i'll sure as shit want to try those places out first

you're 14

yeah, i see it on fb from some dude, it seems weird.

My judo teacher is a 3x olympian. She runs a club here in north Jersey and i'm a brown belt under her.

At first i put thought into it and it seemed weird... after the threw me around like a little bitch for a half hour, i stopped caring.

If you have a problem receiving any grading from a female black belt then you idiot who has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much ego involved in your sense of self.

You and fucking 1000 lb dead left can keep hating on females. the rest of us will continue on in the rational, civilized world where we realize that gender, size, race have no relevance. Now, isnt there a stone you have to carve into a "wheel" somewhere??? Phone Post

Big John McCarthy got a black from a group including Felicia oh Phone Post

Yes in my association Helen curry is a first degree black belt and give out rank Phone Post

They should get back to the kitchen where they belong!

graded?

a test is queer. if i was under the tutelage of a female bb, i would gladly accept rank for being of that skill level.

i don't believe in tests.

Lilly Paige at ModCom Berkeley is the head instructor and black belt. Awesome coach! Just promoted blue belt world champ Ahmed White to Purple belt...

Girls get better at BJJ faster than guys, they learn the techniques without relying on strength. I'd take a rank from chick BB, no problem.

ok cool.

what if this female bb is not even in the country. like from brasil and visits once a year.

just throwing some hypotheticals out there.

When I was a Brown Belt, I used to occasionally train with a female member of the Gracie Family.

This Gracie family member --whom I will NOT name-- told me she would like to promote me to Black Belt. I was excited --UNTIL she made it clear she expected more than just loyalty in exchange. Made my stomach churn.

I never trained with her again.

To this day when I see her face peering out from an Atama gi ad, it gives me the willies.

shen -

When I was a Brown Belt, I used to occasionally train with a female member of the Gracie Family.

This Gracie family member --whom I will NOT name-- told me she would like to promote me to Black Belt. I was excited --UNTIL she made it clear she expected more than just loyalty in exchange. Made my stomach churn.

I never trained with her again.

To this day when I see her face peering out from an Atama gi ad, it gives me the willies.

So jelly. Phone Post

Having rolled with Kyra Gracie back in 2006, I wouldn't care. I got murdered as a white belt back then. Still would get murdered now.

Jessy30 - 

You and fucking 1000 lb dead left can keep hating on females. the rest of us will continue on in the rational, civilized world where we realize that gender, size, race have no relevance. Now, isnt there a stone you have to carve into a "wheel" somewhere??? Phone Post

you missed out sexuality - still a huge issue for many BJJers

Edit: misread a post