Great examples of point fighting.

As we all know mma is turning rapidly into a point contest. Can we compile the best matches or best fighters that have mastered the art of point fighting. Point fighters are the artistic minds of mma that paints a masterpiece in the octagon. Phone Post

Yes they paint by number and leave no doubt that they are the best in the world. Phone Post

Condit vs. Diaz is about as good as it gets for high level standup point fighting. Diaz just looked confused as to how to counter when Carlos wouldn't just stand there and let him eat his ribs.

The two originators of point fighting/using the time limit as part of the game plan for MMA were Dan Severn & Pat Miletich.

any title bout that has greg jackson cornering one of the fighters

In b4 massive shift to GSP hate-thread. Phone Post

Jons Forsberg -
Gobulcoque - 
Jons Forsberg - Ben Henderson against Edgar.

LOL I hope this is a troll. If you think Ben was fighting for points then there is no hope for you.

Bendo had zero attempts to finish other than a fluke upkick.

lol you guys were bitching about Condit gameplan of throwing low kicks, now Bendo does the same thing and somehow he's fighting for the finish?

Shut up. Neither did Frankie but at least Ben jacked up Frankie badly with more than just the up kick Phone Post

Jons Forsberg -
Gobulcoque - 
Jons Forsberg - Ben Henderson against Edgar.

LOL I hope this is a troll. If you think Ben was fighting for points then there is no hope for you.

Bendo had zero attempts to finish other than a fluke upkick.

lol you guys were bitching about Condit gameplan of throwing low kicks, now Bendo does the same thing and somehow he's fighting for the finish?

How about 3 guillotines, crazy flying kicks bombs with hands and feet?? Phone Post

Bendo wanted to finish. He was hitting knees and his leg kicks were meant for damage and not jus points, had Frankie stumbling. Not all decision wins are meant to be that way. Look at Shogun vs Dan Henderson, they wanted to finish.

I think a good example was Akiyama against sheilds? I mean he wasnt trying to finish at all and relying on his judo throws Phone Post

DrunkenBatman - Troll fail ? Phone Post

How informative. Phone Post

Musashi - 
sweepnchoke - The two originators of point fighting/using the time limit as part of the game plan for MMA were Dan Severn & Pat Miletich.

Ken Shamrock UFC 5.

UFC 5 had a time limit, but no judges. So I wouldn't say Shamrock was playing the points game at UFC 5. Same goes for Shamrock at UFC 7 against Oleg, yes there was a time limit, but there were no judging, thus Shammy wasn't playing for points.

1 op is a fag. 2. Here's my list. Gsp, Cruz, Fitch. Condit deserves to be mentioned for his last "fight". Frankie Edgar, chael sonnen, and I'm sure there are some im leaving out. Phone Post

ortman166 -  1 op is a fag. 2. Here's my list. Gsp, Cruz, Fitch. Condit deserves to be mentioned for his last "fight". Frankie Edgar, chael sonnen, and I'm sure there are some im leaving out. Phone Post