Green Names who Fight for UFC?

TIMHAGUE - How does it make no sense? I guess on the judges score cards yeah it would make no sense, but judging the fight as a whole. A championship fight, the challenger didnt do enough to dethrone the champ.
Yes he did. It was a fucking great fight and it's too bad the judges weren't watching it.

Shogun landed twice as many strikes the whole time while Machida played defense. 

There's no way to justify Machida getting the nod here.

penxv - I don't pay much attention to the ufc

Sure you don't...

lifeaftrprison..........

I work fulltime for a company that promoted over 50 shows last year. Most of our shows take place in the mid-west but we also promote events on the east and west coast. I don't believe any other company comes close to that number.

I also fight and did fight in UFC 61.

The problem is with the state athletic commission. We have the same trouble as a company.

You simply don't understand because your not in the business.

no disrespect Tim

justdisagree

looking forward to a big comeback for you

rooting for you as you showed gret class in your last fight

TIMHAGUE - Shogun may have done enough to win a non title fight, however he didnt do enough to dethrone the champ. End of thread imo

the group of said the same thing so it does make sense.

joejordanKY - lifeaftrprison..........

I work fulltime for a company that promoted over 50 shows last year. Most of our shows take place in the mid-west but we also promote events on the east and west coast. I don't believe any other company comes close to that number.

I also fight and did fight in UFC 61.

The problem is with the state athletic commission. We have the same trouble as a company.

You simply don't understand because your not in the business.

Sure thing! I guess I do not understand the backdoor deals that the most powerfull MMAorg in the world makes. The org that was very crucial in getting MMA regulated in Cali, the group that now hired the resigned AC commisioner from Cali. IF BOXING Can do it, so can Zuffa!

I am sure the Commision tries to put the best guys out, but I am a business owner and I for sure now how to grease wheels! And I guarantee there has been plenty of greasing going on. Hey "machida is awesome for us" , heres a cruise! "Damn Lyoto can really grow the sport" here's a VIP stay in Aruba for a week!

All of the fighters and MMA fans cry how boxing is rigged, but I guess MMA is exempt from that same thing.

to me logic suggest that shogun didn't do enough to take the belt from the champ. I don't know how much more simply I can state my opinion.

I am however looking forward to a well deserved immediate rematch.

NHB USA - 
ninjaturtle2048 -  I thought Shogun won the fight, but there have been bigger robberies in mma than this, i dont understand why the big fuss? Finish fights and it doesnt matter what judges are appointed if thats your argument

Which ones?

Mezger vs. Arona

Mezger vs. Ninja Rua

Mezger vs. Sakuraba

Bisping vs. Hamill

Those are the first that come to mind.

lifeaftrprison - I am sure the Commision tries to put the best guys out, but I am a business owner and I for sure now how to grease wheels! And I guarantee there has been plenty of greasing going on. Hey "machida is awesome for us" , heres a cruise! "Damn Lyoto can really grow the sport" here's a VIP stay in Aruba for a week!

All of the fighters and MMA fans cry how boxing is rigged, but I guess MMA is exempt from that same thing.

Except that...... Machida isnt that awesome for them. He's no big draw, in fact fans on this forum have been calling him boring for years. He isnt the guy that the UFC would try to protect, he isnt a draw. Look at how long it took him to get a title shot, the UFC wasnt in any hurry to put the belt on him, and now Rua is going to get a rematch as soon as it can be scheduled. That doesnt look like they are trying to protect the guy.

To me a win is a win.  Championship fight or not.  Just because team wins a Superbowl, by a last min fumble doesn't doesn't make it any less of a regular season win does it?  This whole you got to beat the champ by KO or sub thing is boxing not MMA unless MMA wants to used this boxing saying.  Sure in the end I would have love to see either guy finish the fight last night so we wouldn't be talking about this shit. 

ElCapitaoMMA - 
heypilgrim - 
ElCapitaoMMA - 
TIMHAGUE - Shogun may have done enough to win a non title fight, however he didnt do enough to dethrone the champ. End of thread imo
Congrats TimHauge you just made the dumbest comment by a Greenname.....What fight were you watching?

LMFAO at the guy who's been here for a week telling that to Tim Hague. haha. Tim are you still teaching or training fulltime? Still with Zuffa?

Yeah cause I can. He put himself in the spot for me to say what I did by making a comment like that pffffff

The thread starter asked for UFC fighters opinions on the matter and he gave his. And he has a lot more of a valid opinion than you.

As far as I have heard, I'm still with Zuffa, I'm not training full time, nor teaching.

I recently took a job with a Drilling company. We drill on old oil leases so that environmentalists can take soil samples to see if there was any conatmination.

When the money runs out, the bills don't stop coming so I'm working for the moment. When I have a fight lined up, I'll try to get a few local sponsors to chip in so that I can train full time for 8-12 weeks.

how do I get a green name?

newbloodmma - 

Shogun landed twice as many strikes the whole time while Machida played defense. 

There's no way to justify Machida getting the nod here.

You are right!

lifeaftrprison - I am sure the Commision tries to put the best guys out, but I am a business owner and I for sure now how to grease wheels! And I guarantee there has been plenty of greasing going on. Hey "machida is awesome for us" , heres a cruise! "Damn Lyoto can really grow the sport" here's a VIP stay in Aruba for a week!

You're ignoring history. Lyoto's never been a draw...he's never been a ratings machine...if I remember correctly, the only reason he got a shot against Rashad was because Rampage got injured. Up until the Silva fight (which was only something like 8 or 9 months ago), Machida was still lumped in the same category as Okami, where he was constantly accused of being a boring 'decision' fighter.

I'm not really sure how you can say that the UFC 'greased the wheels' to make sure Machida won...when Dana White has publicly stated that he felt Shogun won the fight.

I'm not saying that the UFC making backdoor deals is out of the realm of possibility. But this just doesn't seem like one of those cases. What advantage does the UFC have for ensuring that Machida stays the champ? I'll admit...he's got the TMA-angle going on to fuel the hype-machine, but he's never been able to draw publicity as a fighter like Liddell. I mean...you have to consider motive. Why do you think that Machinda keeping the belt is so much more "awesome" for the UFC than shogun?

AxGo - 

lifeaftrprison - I am sure the Commision tries to put the best guys out, but I am a business owner and I for sure now how to grease wheels! And I guarantee there has been plenty of greasing going on. Hey "machida is awesome for us" , heres a cruise! "Damn Lyoto can really grow the sport" here's a VIP stay in Aruba for a week!

You're ignoring history. Lyoto's never been a draw...he's never been a ratings machine...if I remember correctly, the only reason he got a shot against Rashad was because Rampage got injured. Up until the Silva fight (which was only something like 8 or 9 months ago), Machida was still lumped in the same category as Okami, where he was constantly accused of being a boring 'decision' fighter.

I'm not really sure how you can say that the UFC 'greased the wheels' to make sure Machida won...when Dana White has publicly stated that he felt Shogun won the fight.

I'm not saying that the UFC making backdoor deals is out of the realm of possibility. But this just doesn't seem like one of those cases. What advantage does the UFC have for ensuring that Machida stays the champ? I'll admit...he's got the TMA-angle going on to fuel the hype-machine, but he's never been able to draw publicity as a fighter like Liddell. I mean...you have to consider motive. Why do you think that Machinda keeping the belt is so much more "awesome" for the UFC than shogun?

For all of the Karate/TKD schools we have on every corner in every town. By Machida being champ this will suck in a whole new demograpic who previously shyd away from MMA due to the Karate sucks attitude. But with Machida being champ this door will open. Now those schools will start to promote UFC to their students parents etc. And will once again Karate will be the deadly art. Shogun does not draw anybody new. This is from a strictly business standpoint IMO , I know I would prefer to have Machida as Champ if I was Dana for those reasons alone.

I do not believe Dana said hey shogun is to win, but any good sales person can get you to lean one way without saying it. Greasing wheels always helps!

^^ Well I guess that's your opinion. From my perspective, anyways, I've seen karate/TKD schools converting into mcdojo MMA schools for the past couple of years already, well before the UFC hype-machine got behind Lyoto's TMA roots.

AxGo - ^^ Well I guess that's your opinion. From my perspective, anyways, I've seen karate/TKD schools converting into mcdojo MMA schools for the past couple of years already, well before the UFC hype-machine got behind Lyoto's TMA roots.

I have seen that in some as well, but not as a hole.Now it will explode! Just think Daniel LaRuso just became UFC Champ! LOL

He is def more marketable to the mainstream public in the U.S. - Mainstream public know Karate and the myth behind its powers and techniques. MT is rough and mainstream will not identify cuz all of the movies and shows they have seen growing up is Karate.

Of course not us on this forum see it that way.