GSP agrees to both VADA and WADA testing

bjj red belt - 

GSP said he would pay for testing then backs out and accepts VADA sponsorship.

Now he appears unwilling to fully commit to WADA-style testing in favor of his sponsored VADA, it appears due to his inability to know what he's going to he tested for ahead of time.
GSP doing WADA-style random testing is his only way out of this mess. Hopefully we can get a little more than an ambiguous tweet from his trainer and get real confirmation that he's decided to step up and drop the bullshit act. Phone Post

I think you have your wires crossed.

Kizer's preferred NSAC testing utilizes WADA accredited labs/standards.

VADA also uses WADA accredited labs/standards.

USADA is a third WADA accredited program, which has recently been referenced by Hendricks.

The question has never been here who is using WADA standards for testing and who has not..its simply which organization will be used. Kizer of course has a vested interested in promoting usage of the NSAC's program, and has been publicly critical of Goodman and VADA in the press in past.

So far as I see it, provided GSP and Hendricks are both willing to foot a bill to be tested by a WADA accredited lab, this issue should go away.

Hendrick's either has to put up, shut up or keep tucking his tail. Phone Post

So is GSP paying for Hendricks tests? Phone Post 3.0

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

@LiverKickdotcom VADA & NSAC are both good but also have their pros and cons. Let's do both test and make everyone happy. This is the plan.

Where did he agree to Wada? He agreed to take the standard NSAC piss test he doesn't have a choice but to take lol.

"A week later, GSP's attorney asked 15 or 20 questions about how WADA is going to test for this and that, how are they going to move the tests, how are they going to do this, a ton of questions," Ehrhardt said. "He wanted to have predetermined times. It's not random if you know when they're coming."

bjj red belt - Attention readers of this thread:

I want to apologize to you for my lack of better judgment and lack of research done before posting a lot of what I posted in this thread. I am a person who believes in truly objective journalism/reporting of information, and I failed to do some research before I typed many of my posts.

First, I implied WADA was separate from NSAC, which RileyPust or someone else pointed out was factually incorrect. The WADA-approved labs are controlled by am outside testing agency which has a contract of some kind with the NSAC. They are used for voluntary random testing at a cost to the athlete. I said the two were separate and I was wrong.

Second, I tried to discredit the WADA-approved VADA labs. After doing some research, it appears as of the testing procedures are just as stringent or moreso with VADA labs as with the NSAC-contracted labs that are WADA-approves, just as VADA is. I tried to make VADA look bad and corrupt jn it's dealings with Mr Pierre, and after reading about the high standard VADA labs set, I do not believe this to be the case. It was a very, very stupid thing for me to suggest.

The only thing left in question, imo, is this Kizer quote regarding the teleconference he has with GSP's team (taken from article li ked on page 2 of this thread):

(Begin) Ultimately, Kizer says GSP's attorney, Rodolphe Beaulieu, said they were going to move ahead with VADA.

"OK, fine, use VADA. That's not the question," Kizer said. "The question is do you want to do outside testing through the athletic commission? And basically, they said we want to know all the tests you do so Georges' medical advisors can vet the test first before we decide.

"I said, 'I will take that as a no. We will let you know if we're going to do any testing on our own. Goodbye.' The guy actually had the gall – this Rodolphe guy – (to say), 'Well, no, that's not what we meant. We're happy to do it once we get this additional information, but I'm going to be done for the next seven days, and I'm unavailable via cell phone or email.' It's like, whatever dude. It was so ridiculous. (End)

I allowed my personal dislike for GSP and his fighting style to affect me in such a way that I was ignorant to news articles and information availablrle and manipulative in my attempts to make GSP look like the one ducking the testing.

I now firmly believe that GSP and his team are doing everything they can to receive the most comprehensive testing available. I don't jnow if GSP is for sure going to do the voluntary testing program offered by a WADA-approved lab affiliated with the NSAC, but he has already begun his VADA testing, submitting one test. Johny Hendricks has not agreed to participate in VADA so he has submitted no voluntary testing thus far to my knowledge.

Again, I am sorry to everyone who had the displeasure of reading my ignorance, but especially to poster RileyPust and to the OP. I do truly believe in fair and objective reporting of news, and I failed to adhere to that earlier in this thread. I will try my best not to let personal grievances get the best of me in the future.

Thank you and God Bless America/Canada. Phone Post
God, you're insufferable. Maybe go outside and take a walk or something. Phone Post 3.0

Great article just published at Bloody Elbow on this saga detailing full e-mails

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719572/georges-st-pierre-johny-hendricks-drug-testing-gsp-ufc

Haha, bjj red belt proving there is hope... even in a world with no Jesus.

bjj red belt - 

^My jimmies remain unrustled, friend :) Phone Post

I appreciate that you took the time to research and were man enough to admit your errors.

ChaosOverkill - 
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee - 

Do they test for greasing? Phone Post

You'd catch ANderson Silva with that.

I doubt it, since he'll only use the legal amount, as usual.

jimbonice - 

Hendrick's either has to put up, shut up or keep tucking his tail. Phone Post

This. He agreed to VADA testing months ago and now he backs out?

Shady.

Mike Rotch -
bjj red belt -  ^My jimmies remain unrustled, friend :) Phone Post

I appreciate that you took the time to research and were man enough to admit your errors.

This Phone Post

Team GDP -
Mike Rotch -
bjj red belt -  ^My jimmies remain unrustled, friend :) Phone Post

This Phone Post

Yup.

Voted up bjj red belt for the effort. Phone Post 3.0

bjj red belt - 

Attention readers of this thread:

I want to apologize to you for my lack of better judgment and lack of research done before posting a lot of what I posted in this thread. I am a person who believes in truly objective journalism/reporting of information, and I failed to do some research before I typed many of my posts.

First, I implied WADA was separate from NSAC, which RileyPust or someone else pointed out was factually incorrect. The WADA-approved labs are controlled by am outside testing agency which has a contract of some kind with the NSAC. They are used for voluntary random testing at a cost to the athlete. I said the two were separate and I was wrong.

Second, I tried to discredit the WADA-approved VADA labs. After doing some research, it appears as of the testing procedures are just as stringent or moreso with VADA labs as with the NSAC-contracted labs that are WADA-approves, just as VADA is. I tried to make VADA look bad and corrupt jn it's dealings with Mr Pierre, and after reading about the high standard VADA labs set, I do not believe this to be the case. It was a very, very stupid thing for me to suggest.

The only thing left in question, imo, is this Kizer quote regarding the teleconference he has with GSP's team (taken from article li ked on page 2 of this thread):

(Begin) Ultimately, Kizer says GSP's attorney, Rodolphe Beaulieu, said they were going to move ahead with VADA.

"OK, fine, use VADA. That's not the question," Kizer said. "The question is do you want to do outside testing through the athletic commission? And basically, they said we want to know all the tests you do so Georges' medical advisors can vet the test first before we decide.

"I said, 'I will take that as a no. We will let you know if we're going to do any testing on our own. Goodbye.' The guy actually had the gall – this Rodolphe guy – (to say), 'Well, no, that's not what we meant. We're happy to do it once we get this additional information, but I'm going to be done for the next seven days, and I'm unavailable via cell phone or email.' It's like, whatever dude. It was so ridiculous. (End)

I allowed my personal dislike for GSP and his fighting style to affect me in such a way that I was ignorant to news articles and information availablrle and manipulative in my attempts to make GSP look like the one ducking the testing.

I now firmly believe that GSP and his team are doing everything they can to receive the most comprehensive testing available. I don't jnow if GSP is for sure going to do the voluntary testing program offered by a WADA-approved lab affiliated with the NSAC, but he has already begun his VADA testing, submitting one test. Johny Hendricks has not agreed to participate in VADA so he has submitted no voluntary testing thus far to my knowledge.

Again, I am sorry to everyone who had the displeasure of reading my ignorance, but especially to poster RileyPust and to the OP. I do truly believe in fair and objective reporting of news, and I failed to adhere to that earlier in this thread. I will try my best not to let personal grievances get the best of me in the future.

Thank you and God Bless America/Canada. Phone Post

Incredible display of self-ownage.

Il Duce - Johnny agrees to NADA. Phone Post 3.0
Legit lol Phone Post 3.0

DatSpider - 
ChaosOverkill - 

They don't all drag that vaseline down onto their chest.

Most people that have English as a second language when put on the spot come off sounding not that smart. I think that haters come off as not sounding smart! Phone Post 3.0

But would he agree to trade his Range Rover for a LADA though?

DatSpider - 
ChaosOverkill - 

There's no such thing as a "legal amount" of vaseline on your body.  No amount of vaseline is allowed to be applied to your body.

It's against the rules and he's been caught and wiped down by the ref more than once.  Deal with it.

bjj red belt -
RileyPust -
bjj red belt - 
RileyPust -
bjj red belt -  What else besides VADA, the testing where he knows what he'll be tested for in advance and when he'll be tested for whichever ped (thereby making it NOT random) Phone Post

So you're saying Rory knew way in advance that VADA was going to show up at 4am wanting a blood sample? And the WADA testing Hendricks is calling for is a part of the NSAC's new 'enhanced testing.'

So you're saying thay the VADA testing Rory did for the BJ fight and the VADA testing GSP is doing for this fight are exactly the same?

Georges is paying them and Kizer has already confirmed that GSP will know of all testing in advance in terms of when and for what.

I don't remember what Rory did, but if he really was randomly tested by surprise, I doubt it was a similar program to what GSP is currently doing. Phone Post

What's your source on Kizer confirming anything about VADA's testing program. And yeah, I'm sure their testing protocol for French-Canadians is different than regular Canadians.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_18371.shtml#.UjAMuZm3PFo

He didn't say it directly, but more insinuated it. Take from this quote what you will:

"I made it quite clear that if you guys want to do additional testing on your own, that's fine," Kizer said in an interview with MMAJunkie.com. "But if you're serious about it and you're not looking to hire someone yourself to do it, I said, 'This is how you do it. We're happy to help you help us, but that's a decision you need to make because you need to fund it.'"

"They were asking, 'Well, what do you test for?' My answer is always the same: We test for prohibited substances as listed on the WADA list," Kizer continued. "(They said), 'Well, what does that mean? Does that mean HGH, does that mean this, does that mean that?' Yes, it means it all. The answer then should have been, 'OK.'"

Ultimately, Kizer says GSP's attorney, Rodolphe Beaulieu, said they were going to move ahead with VADA.

"I said, 'I will take that as a no. We will let you know if we're going to do any testing on our own. Goodbye.' The guy actually had the gall – this Rodolphe guy – (to say), 'Well, no, that's not what we meant. We're happy to do it once we get this additional information, but I'm going to be done for the next seven days, and I'm unavailable via cell phone or email.' It's like, whatever dude. It was so ridiculous. But I don't hold any of that against Georges St-Pierre. As far as I know, he doesn't even know about these things."

It certainly seems that if Georges' people want to know about about all the testing beforehand with the WADA testing, they would know it with VADA, which is why they've elected it AND not elected WADA testing.

FYI, WADA testing would be done through the NSAC but

WOULD BE A VOLUNTARY PROGRAM SEPARATE FROM STANDARD NSAC TESTING

The tweet in the OP says GSP is going to do NSAC testing and VADA. The NSAC testing is standard, required, and paid for by the commission. It says nothing about the additional testing done through WADA, which unlike WADA is approved by the NSAC but like VADA s to be paid for by the athlete.

Perhaps WADA doesn't do sponsorships?

OP rushed to make a thread, apparently because he's a gsp fan, but he didn't do his research prior and had numerous errors, including thinking standard NSAC testing and additional, voluntary WADA testing were the same thing. Phone Post

You're wasting your time. They don't care about intelligent arguments based on actually information/evidence around here... U need to throw more insults out. Maybe a few witty retorts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.
Win the crowd! Lol
BTW...VU Phone Post 3.0

Glovegate - 
DatSpider - 
ChaosOverkill - 

There's no such thing as a "legal amount" of vaseline on your body.  No amount of vaseline is allowed to be applied to your body.

It's against the rules and he's been caught and wiped down by the ref more than once.  Deal with it.

Next time GSP takes his opponent down and has his face against his chest they need to stop the fight and clean his opponents chest imo so his body is free of vaseline