GSP is pretty close to a MW already

People act like him moving up to 185 is a big deal. On the last All Access he was on, GSP gets on a scale just before his fight and weighs in at 187, for his fight at 170.

So that's a 17 pound cut. IF Silva cuts the same to get to 185, that would put Anderson at 202 - but I don't think he cuts that much. Probably more in the realm of 10 pounds? Does anyone know?

So if GSP can put on 5-10 pounds, that gets him to around 195 and likely within a few pounds of Silva.

Remember Silva's fought at 170 too.

Now the reach difference... that's the big advantage.

I think that Silva walks around at like 215, I could be wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere.

AllAmericanBoxing - I think that Silva walks around at like 215, I could be wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere.

I'm sure Joe or Dana or someone else said it as an off the cuff, idiotic remark. He may walk around as that, but that's not his fight weight. That's what he weighs when he's not in a hardcore training camp. Ie, Forrest has said that he gets up to around 250 when he's not prepping for a fight, but he enters the Octagon at 225, maybe 230? There's a huge difference between fight weight, if you're a guy who cuts, and walking around weight.