GSP Lifts Lid On 217 Hype With Bisping Fight

https://www.mmanews.com/news/georges-st-pierre-lifts-lid-on-almost-staged-altercation-with-michael-bisping

1 Like

GSP has finally revealed what happened with his supposed altercation with Bisping during the build up to UFC 217.

Are you intoxicated?

2 Likes

George St. Pierre has known for being a well-liked and respected fighter in the UFC. It was rare to see him get into trash-talking or have behind-the-scenes altercations during his career. However, that would change in the lead-up to the last fight of his MMA career with former UFC Middleweight Champion Michael Bisping at UFC 217 on Nov. 4, 2017.

Bisping would try to get under St. Pierreā€™s skin with name-calling and by claiming that he would knock him out. The former welterweight champion would also try and hold his own verbally.
Then, the interaction moved up a notch when the duo almost got into a physical altercation during their UFC media event in Toronto, Canada, on Oct. 13. When they did a stare-down, Bisping got into St. Pierreā€™s face, and the Canadian MMA legend pushed him. UFC President Dana White had to separate them.
Bisping followed St. Pierre backstage, as he met with a fan, and got in his face again. Both fighters started cursing at each other and threatening to fight on the spot after the event. However, Bispingā€™s people stepped in to separate him, and they walked away. TMZ was around to record the whole thing and put it on Youtube, which has over 600K views.

While some fans believe that their issues at the time were real, St. Pierre has revealed that it was all a part of Bispingā€™s strategy to sell the fight.
St. Pierre appeared on the Full Send Podcast, sharing that his issues with Bisping were to promote the fight at UFC 217 and that Bisping almost staged the confrontation at their media event.

ā€œā€¦Before we had fought each other, there was a lot of trash talk,ā€ said St. Pierre.

ā€œOne of the best things that he did, actually, for leading up to that fight was with a lot of the stuff are like promotional stuff. We do press conferences and things like that, but the best thing that he did, and heā€™s a clever guy, we were in Toronto, and after one of the press conferences, we went back to the parking lot to our cars and our cars were in different locations, but to go to the parking lot we had to go through the same spot and when we did that press conference we had a stare down, and he kind of went to touch me, so I had to push him. So when we went to the parking lot after the press conference, I think he saw that TMZ was there, so he walked back to me in the parking lot, and he went face to face with me and said, ā€˜Keep your F*cking hands on you, because the next time you do that Iā€™m going to smash you.ā€™ Iā€™m like, what F you touch me first, so donā€™t touch me if you donā€™t me to touch you.ā€

St. Pierre explained what the fans witnessed as they kept talking until they were separated. He then shared that he wasnā€™t in on what Bisping was doing.

ā€œā€¦It wasnā€™t staged because it was real. Like the way I felt when it happened, I was like, does he really want to fight with me and I was ready to fight if something happened, and Iā€™m sure the same thing for him, but he did it in a promotional way to instigate me, but that was very smart because that went viral. It was crazy,ā€ said St. Pierre.
St. Pierre would then defeat Bisping for the UFC Middleweight Championship by submission at UFC 217. He has shared that he and Bisping are friends today, and they even shared some drinks while they were in London, United Kingdom, for UFC 286.

4 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

They Dont Pay Me Enough Not To Be Or Not To Be that Is The Question ?

1 Like

UFC already doing WWE shit. Canā€™t wait for Sean Oā€™Malley to run in with the chair tomorrow. The UFC needs Jim Ross

I doubt it, Bisping may have

They lie.

He has definitely talked about this before. I know Iā€™ve seen/read/heard that story before from old Georges!

Just like a fixed fight, both sides donā€™t have to be in on it for it to be a fix!

Sneaky old Bisping!

Georges told him to fuck off about 15 times.

lolololololol

1 Like

Heā€™s always had an eye for promotion.