MMA Underground Forums

GSP = Most Boring Great Fighter Ever???

nobones - 
Magic8 - That was a shit fight, don't try and argue otherwise.

Dude could've finished Koscheck in the first fuckin' round, but was content to coast like Mayweather.

He lit Koscheck up pretty good. No need to take additional risks and besides, Koscheck has really good movement. When GSP would advance and get more aggressive he would land a couple good punches but then Koscheck would be out of range. Good fight. Nothing like Mayweather vs. De La Hoya or Mayweather vs. Mosley.

That comment says alot about MMA fans.   Floyd vs Oscar, a back & forth competitive fight wasn't a good fight, but GSP/Koscheck was...okay.

The same people saying this was a great fight, HATED Sylvia vs Monson.

Magic8 - 
The same people saying this was a great fight, HATED Sylvia vs Monson.

i did not hate that fight. I can honestly say i have not hated any fight. Im not a whinny bitch ;)

Aldo is top P4P too and fuckin' annihilates people.

What's the difference between what Aldo did to Urijah's leg and what GSP did to Kos's eye?

Is Aldo more "fuckin'" awesome because using kicks screams "martial arts" to you?

Lol@ 07's thinking they can claim a sport

The sport is fine, it's just been having an influx of point fighters. I've enjoyed strikeforce cards a hell of a lot more than UFC cards lately, and I don't really care for strike force besides diaz

FSMA - You mother fuckers would bitch if someone gave you wrinkled money.

If you don't appreciate what you're watching then perhaps you should watch tennis or golf. This isn't your sport.

Kos is a dick but not a pussy. her wasnt easily going to get stopped in that fight.

GSP played a great gameplan.

Teddy Atlas says it best, you are either in or out. Kos found himself on the end of GSPs punches all night.

He needed to adjust big time and never made it

Ol pillow hands never even stunned him in the fight........If GSP fought Bisping bare fisted for 10 rounds it would still end in a decision.

The Megatoppa - You saw how bad kos's face looked after the fight, shit must hurt savagely. thats how you roll when you're the best, don't finish straight away but punish them for the entire time so they remember you

I loved that fight personally. It was fun to watch him pick Kos apart for 5 rounds.

KingOfWhat?...sober up...you are looking like a dipshit.peace

Peckerwood is 100% CORRECT. case closed

Yup, and I know in my bones that all the people complaining about GSP winning by decision would, if they were in the cage with Koschek, be going all out for the KO. Because real fighters watch fights on PPV and then complain about it afterwards - only wusses actually get into the cage.

I wonder how many of the people who say GSP could have easily of finished it off have even been in the ring or cage against someone with KO power? Most of the criticism sounds like its coming from people who've only experienced fights vicariously.

Pathetic troll...

Magic8 - 
bakalol - You never seen maynard, shields, arona?

GTFO!  Those guys are nowhere near George's level.  George is the most talented/skilled fighter in MMA history.   he could blow away anyone @170 in the first round if he wanted.

he can't finish anyone what are you talking about.

LOL...go to bed, and sober up...

Great fight from GSP. He was enganged and throwing the whole time. He could have danced around starting with the 4th round, knowing that he won the fight already, but he didn't.

GSP was targeting the left punches and let kicks attempting to get the knockout via Kos not seeing out of that eye.

He failed, but there isn't any shame in that, IMO.

He did also try some takedowns for possibly some GnP, but Kos was too good to keep down compared to their first fight so that didn't happen either. Again, no shame in that, IMO.

Kos is s tough dude. If you don't have the one punch KO power to take him out, then you are not likely going to take him out at all. GSP easily won every round though.

If I had to give GSP any grief (which I don't) I would say, not finishing Hardy was a failing, not Kos, Alves, or Fitch.

Semmy Schilt for K-1.

Klitschko Bros for Boxing.

Arona, Filho, GSP for MMA.

It happens.

Would you rather the UFC just have their champions mow down unworthy challengers all the time and only have a relevant fight once a year??

He just beat one of the top five challengers in his division. When you fight a worthy challenger its supposed to be a long fight. Get off the PRIDE nipple already Dana has enough respect for the sport to not feed his champions a bunch of tomato cans all the time to pad their records with pointless, irrelevant wins.

Maybe the NFL should schedule the patriots to play against a high school team so they can score 140 points and be really exciting.

How was he content? He voiced his disappointment after the fight. He wanted to finish Koschek but said that he was not able to.

And yes, since the Serra KO, he has been humbled into ensuring a victory even if it means a less than exciting fight.

Does it matter how a fighter wins? I would argue that it does. We respect the KO artist much more but at the end of the day, you need to have your hand raised.

Not boring at all ,just dominate.