GSP vs Dan Hardy = Anderson Silva vs Patrick Cote

I say he knocks out Kos.

Windfall - But is anyone else on a better streak?

John Hathaway - 12-0
Dong Hyun Kim - 12-0-1
Anthony Johnson - 8-2 (current 3 fight win streak against better comp. than Hardy; all KOs)

There are better contenders out there. Problem is UFC wants to market to the UK so Hardy - with a pretty pathetic looking UFC record - gets the nod.

GSP isn't unbeatable, matt serra showed us that. hardy can beat GSP.

BJJkilla - GSP isn't unbeatable, matt serra showed us that. hardy can beat GSP.

Hardy went to a SPLIT decision with Gono. He isn't beating GSP.

Gono is tough and wasn't that his first fight in the UFC? Give he guy some credit geez.

He showed he's ready by beating a tough Mike Swick. In a perfect world, I'd like to see him get some more tough fights, but this is about having GSP compete rather than Hardy getting a title shot.

I really don't get the Cote hate.

This is the sort of guy who can dethrone Silva. Why? Because all he has to do is glove-touch you and it's dreamtime.

Sure, Silva's better than him, but Cote belonged there, and acquitted himself well. Why do I say this?

Well, he was the one moving forward.
He was the one throwing most of the powershots.
He did very well on the ground as well.

Flame on!

mcpeepants232003 - 
Eh_J - hardy hasn't fought any of the upper-tier guys in the WW division.

he has only fought gatekeepers.

koscheck
fitch
alves
matt hughes
matt serra
anthony johnson

he should have to fight 1-2 of these guys before getting his shot.

lol at Matt Serra and Matt Hughes still being upper echelon wws. At this point Swick would beat both easily.

the fuck?

serra's last three fights: win vs gsp, loss vs gsp, and loss vs hughes.

hughes' last three fights: loss vs gsp, loss vs alves, and win vs serra.

swick's last three fights: win vs johnathan goulet, win vs ben saunders, loss vs dan hardy.

how the fuck do you equate that to mike swick beating both serra and hughes easily?

dumbass

joe canada - I really don't get the Cote hate.

This is the sort of guy who can dethrone Silva. Why? Because all he has to do is glove-touch you and it's dreamtime.

Sure, Silva's better than him, but Cote belonged there, and acquitted himself well. Why do I say this?

Well, he was the one moving forward.
He was the one throwing most of the powershots.
He did very well on the ground as well.

Flame on!

didn't mean to come off that way. i'm canadian and love cote.

i just think he was given a title shot without really earning it. the ufc seems to have an aversion to giving rematches to guys that deserve it. they would rather give the champion a new fight.

cote got his title shot without beating any of the top 3-4 contenders at the time (nate, hendo, franklin, lutter).

Hardy is forever and a day an easier sell than Cote, especially in Europe.  This might actually gross more PPV/sales revenue than any other fight on that fact alone.  Hardy's the first Brit to contend for a UFC title so the hype and press coverage will be ridiculous over there.

Don't forget that Swick was on the doorstep of a MW title shot and lost a decision to Okami.  He's definitely a top WW as well, and although he didn't look great vs. Hardy he definitely didn't look bad.  That was a big win for Hardy and he deserves his shot.

That said GSP via TKO in Rnd 2.