GSP vs. Nick, one 30 min rnd. Who wins?

30 minute round old school UFC rules. Who takes it? Phone Post

mdh2k10 - sitting in a guy's guard with no intent to strike or advance position with no fear of restarts?

gsp dreams of such fights.  0 fear of getting that glass tapped

lol, I agree GSP by boring ass LnP decision.

Laughable post's above me

When has GSP Lay n Prayed? One example please

Diaz by KO Phone Post

mdh2k10 - sitting in a guy's guard with no intent to strike or advance position with no fear of restarts?

gsp dreams of such fights.  0 fear of getting that glass tapped

Yeah, because GSP sits in people's guard without improving his position all the time.

GSP is a beast, but Diaz' cardio should help him prevail. Diaz by TKO in the 28th minute.

Purgey - Laughable post's above me

Let me rephrase that . . . sorry, forgot about the GSP fest that comes into these sort of threads.

GSP doesn't finish his fights that often, at all. So the chances of him playing it safe like always or pretty high. :D

Damaynevent - GSP is a beast, but Diaz' cardio should help him prevail. Diaz by TKO in the 28th minute.

Number of times Diaz ran out of gas in fights: 0.
Number of times GSP ran out of gas in fights: 0.

We really have no reason to believe that either man has better cardio than the other.

Zaph - 
Damaynevent - GSP is a beast, but Diaz' cardio should help him prevail. Diaz by TKO in the 28th minute.

We really have no reason to believe that either man has better cardio than the other.
Sure but GSPs BJJ is good enough to avoid the subs from on top (not too hard to do if you know what you are doing).

Boring decision win for GSP..

lionsoul - 
Zaph - 

Sure but GSPs BJJ is good enough to avoid the subs from on top (not too hard to do if you know what you are doing).

Boring decision win for GSP..

Yeah, my comment wasn't really about who would win. I was simply addressing the poster's claim that Diaz had a cardio advantage.

whats up with this lnp bullshit. both of gsps last fights were standing fights.

whats up with this lnp bullshit. both of gsps last fights were standing fights.

I'd go with Diaz Phone Post

1 Like

Rick Danko - 
Jessethebandit - whats up with this lnp bullshit. both of gsps last fights were standing fights.

Haters rarely use logic when hating.

It's just the way it is.

not hating, not me at least. Just basing my opinion based off his last . . . what 5-6 fights?

heavyweightmma - 

Let me rephrase that . . . sorry, forgot about the GSP fest that comes into these sort of threads.

GSP doesn't finish his fights that often, at all. So the chances of him playing it safe like always or pretty high. :D

Cause it takes a finish to make a fight exciting? Didn't play it safe against Kos

Purgey - 
heavyweightmma - 

Cause it takes a finish to make a fight exciting? Didn't play it safe against Kos

No I liked that fight vs. Koscheck actually, great utilization of the jab, but GSP could've finished the Koscheck fight, he was fighting with one eye, and hesitated throwing even a single punch that whole fight. I just think GSP should be just a little bit more aggressive when the time is right.

Jessethebandit - whats up with this lnp bullshit. both of gsps last fights were standing fights.
GSP is very safe and strategic.

The only guys he ever stands with are people who have inferior striking... but even that is careful... so it goes to decision.

The other folks get the takedown/GNP treatment... but even that is careful... so it goes to decision.

I don't think GSP would be willing to take a fight like that, and if he was forced too, his mind would be too broken to beat a guy like Diaz in that environment. Stuff like groin shots, headbutts, small joint manipulation, fish hooking, rabbit punches, throat strikes, holding the fence and whatever else, would defeat GSP mentally.

With no disrespect to George, he's the same guy who won't fight Anderson Silva supposedly because he's in a higher weight class, even after Silva has offered to lose size for a catch weight. He's the same guy who became distressed after losing sight in his eye, even though his corner said there didn't appear to be any visible damage. Losing sight in your eye can be scary, but in the middle of a fight, that shouldn't concern you. That kind of fragile mentality wouldn't carry GSP into the octagon for an old school UFC scrap.

BJ but it wont take the whole 30 min. Imo Phone Post

bmd - GSP by finish on the ground. Diaz isn't very good with a strong, good wrestler on top. GSP is one of the strongest and one of the best.
When GSP isn't trying to specifically finish by submission (Hardy), he lands big ground-n-pound (Penn II). And BJ is better at defending from his back than Diaz. So Diaz would be finished quicker than Penn, especially considering there is no breaks between rounds.
2 things:
(1) no grease
(2) Diaz won't tire...even on his back

Still... GSP wins based on top control