GSP vs Sherk full fight plus epic speech!

I'm not seeing much, if any, advancement technically in MMA since this time period - this fight, anyway. Is there? Phone Post 3.0

"Rush" will forever be my favorite fighter of all time!

Boom Boom Mancino - I'm not seeing much, if any, advancement technically in MMA since this time period - this fight, anyway. Is there? Phone Post 3.0

Not much actually. GSP refined his game by adding a great double leg and crisper striking but other than that he remained very similar style wise. Sean Sherk was always a Frankie Edgar caliber type of fighter. This fight is ahead of it's time style wise, which is why Rogan says it could easily be a title fight.

Country Breakfast -
Galanis - 

So awesome. GSP was a killer back then

"Fairly squarely"

That's "flow with the go" level greatness

That was before he was even GSP, they still called him St. Pierre or Rush.
He was always GSP you moran.

They just dropped Rush after a while. Phone Post 3.0

Boom Boom Mancino - I'm not seeing much, if any, advancement technically in MMA since this time period - this fight, anyway. Is there? Phone Post 3.0

I think the evolution of mma had it's biggest impact early on.

MMA will continue to evolve, however only a little bit here and there imo.

I think what is the most recent evolution is how well fighters are getting at mixing up striking with takedowns, as well as fighters being more unpredictable, and last, fighters changing their stances(orthodox/southpaw) during the fight. Jones is great at this-best imo.

Ah memories. I got all nostalgic when the ad came up at the bottom of the screen for Liddell v Couture 3. I used to love mma more than I do now. I think it's because there's too many watered down events these days Phone Post 3.0

Even rubbing his nipples back then. No homo Phone Post 3.0

RustyTrombone - Ah memories. I got all nostalgic when the ad came up at the bottom of the screen for Liddell v Couture 3. I used to love mma more than I do now. I think it's because there's too many watered down events these days Phone Post 3.0

It was truly the golden age of MMA

Country Breakfast - 
D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
Galanis - 

"Fairly squarely"

George "Rush" St Pierre was one of the most beastly fighters I ever seen.

GSP is arguably the greatest ww of all time, and his "Rush" days show him to be a complete, explosive, unpredictable fighter.

GSP finishing Hughes and Penn, that says quite a lot, as well as finishing Sherk.  Sherk is SOOOO underrated, look at who he's lost to, and he fought at ww most of his career when he's a lw.

Thanks for posting this OP, will watch later for sure!

Sherk is vastly underrated! The way GSP was able to beat him was amazing. Personally I think that's his best performance in his entire career.

GSP should NOT have beat Sean Sherk that easily. A case could be made that was his best performance. When you consider how tough Sherk is, how rarely he got finished or even dropped/hurt in a fight, and how GSP "hurt" him and made him say "aaarrrrg", that was a ferocious GSP.

Personally

GSP having Penn's corner stop the fight between 4th and 5th round was his best performance, but I know that has an * b/c of greasegate, but his two wins vs Hughes were impressive as well as his fight against Trigg.  I also liked seeing GSP's progress in his fights against Miller and Karo.

To be fair to Sherk, this was his first fight back after he retired for about a year. Doesn't take anything away from GSP's performance though. GSP showed amazing improvements in the second Penn fight.

GSP is awesome, but Matt Hughes is my boy though and I will always believe that if Matt was a few years younger he would have beat GSP in the rematch. Hughes fought GSP 2 months after his war with BJ.

Not true my friend, he had a warm up fight that went rather quickly before he went back & fought GSP ;)

baby-silverback - 
Country Breakfast - 
D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
Galanis - 

"Fairly squarely"

George "Rush" St Pierre was one of the most beastly fighters I ever seen.

GSP is arguably the greatest ww of all time, and his "Rush" days show him to be a complete, explosive, unpredictable fighter.

GSP finishing Hughes and Penn, that says quite a lot, as well as finishing Sherk.  Sherk is SOOOO underrated, look at who he's lost to, and he fought at ww most of his career when he's a lw.

Thanks for posting this OP, will watch later for sure!

Sherk is vastly underrated! The way GSP was able to beat him was amazing. Personally I think that's his best performance in his entire career.

GSP should NOT have beat Sean Sherk that easily. A case could be made that was his best performance. When you consider how tough Sherk is, how rarely he got finished or even dropped/hurt in a fight, and how GSP "hurt" him and made him say "aaarrrrg", that was a ferocious GSP.

Personally

GSP having Penn's corner stop the fight between 4th and 5th round was his best performance, but I know that has an * b/c of greasegate, but his two wins vs Hughes were impressive as well as his fight against Trigg.  I also liked seeing GSP's progress in his fights against Miller and Karo.

To be fair to Sherk, this was his first fight back after he retired for about a year. Doesn't take anything away from GSP's performance though. GSP showed amazing improvements in the second Penn fight.

GSP is awesome, but Matt Hughes is my boy though and I will always believe that if Matt was a few years younger he would have beat GSP in the rematch. Hughes fought GSP 2 months after his war with BJ.

Not true my friend, he had a warm up fight that went rather quickly before he went back & fought GSP ;)

You're thinking about Royce at UFC 60. He fought BJ at UFC 63 and GSP at UFC 65. I'm a Hughes fanboy I know my facts buddy!

Sherk had a fight before he went back to the UFC in Duluth Ga. The card had boxing, muay thai & mma. He won via rnc in the first. That's a fact my friend Phone Post 3.0

Oh I thought you meant Hughes. My bad buddy.

"I 'new I 'urt 'im, becuz wen I troo my first elbow I 'ear Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh

Lol at Kos in Sherks corner as well, never noticed that Phone Post 3.0

Country Breakfast, no worries bro. It didn't last long. The guy was a pretty new blue belt & took the fight on a month notice. Sherk, doesn't get the credit he deserves. Guy was a monster. Extremely well conditioned & excellent grappling, too bad he wanted to start striking all the time Phone Post 3.0

Country Breakfast -
Galanis - 

"Fairly squarely"

Yup. HUGE difference between the GSP®™ of now
And "Rush'!!! Phone Post 3.0

baby-silverback - Country Breakfast, no worries bro. It didn't last long. The guy was a pretty new blue belt & took the fight on a month notice. Sherk, doesn't get the credit he deserves. Guy was a monster. Extremely well conditioned & excellent grappling, too bad he wanted to start striking all the time Phone Post 3.0

Sean was a beast! I wish he would have tried to wrestle BJ. I think the fight would have gone way different if he changed his game plan.