GSP vs Sherk full fight plus epic speech!

GSP's epic victory speech after this fight brings back memories!!!

Blue please...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLdYYcw2QNQ

Galanis - 

So awesome. GSP was a killer back then

"Fairly squarely"

That's "flow with the go" level greatness

That was before he was even GSP, they still called him St. Pierre or Rush.

I was a big fan of Sherk and lost some money on that fight. I miss when GSP would fight like that.

Wooo! Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

No one spoke about Sherk being a LW before this fight. He was only mentioned as a top WW. Then came GSP transcending the sport.

Country Breakfast - 
Galanis - 

"Fairly squarely"

George "Rush" St Pierre was one of the most beastly fighters I ever seen.

GSP is arguably the greatest ww of all time, and his "Rush" days show him to be a complete, explosive, unpredictable fighter.

GSP finishing Hughes and Penn, that says quite a lot, as well as finishing Sherk.  Sherk is SOOOO underrated, look at who he's lost to, and he fought at ww most of his career when he's a lw.

Thanks for posting this OP, will watch later for sure!

^^^^^
He is 100% the the greatest ww of all time, but arguably the greatest fighter of all time IMO. This Coming from an occasional GSP hater. Phone Post 3.0

he has no such hunger anymore, its over

Never gets old. Why do I even stop by here when I have so much work to do............now I am twenty minutes behind.

Is that goldy commentating? I can't remember. Phone Post 3.0

He really wanted belt back then. Shortly after he destroys Hughes.

TheHaunted2 - Is that goldy commentating? I can't remember. Phone Post 3.0

No it was Matt Vasgersian. Goldie was busy with another project at that time.

D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
Galanis - 

"Fairly squarely"

GSP is arguably the greatest ww of all time, and his "Rush" days show him to be a complete, explosive, unpredictable fighter.

GSP finishing Hughes and Penn, that says quite a lot, as well as finishing Sherk.  Sherk is SOOOO underrated, look at who he's lost to, and he fought at ww most of his career when he's a lw.

Sherk is vastly underrated! The way GSP was able to beat him was amazing. Personally I think that's his best performance in his entire career.

Country Breakfast -
TheHaunted2 - Is that goldy commentating? I can't remember. Phone Post 3.0

No it was Matt Vasgersian. Goldie was busy with another project at that time.
Oh ye, cool vu Phone Post 3.0

While I agree he was more aggressive, his style has not changed much it's just more strategic IMO Phone Post 3.0

Country Breakfast - 
D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
Galanis - 

"Fairly squarely"

Sherk is vastly underrated! The way GSP was able to beat him was amazing. Personally I think that's his best performance in his entire career.

GSP should NOT have beat Sean Sherk that easily. A case could be made that was his best performance. When you consider how tough Sherk is, how rarely he got finished or even dropped/hurt in a fight, and how GSP "hurt" him and made him say "aaarrrrg", that was a ferocious GSP.

Personally

GSP having Penn's corner stop the fight between 4th and 5th round was his best performance, but I know that has an * b/c of greasegate, but his two wins vs Hughes were impressive as well as his fight against Trigg.  I also liked seeing GSP's progress in his fights against Miller and Karo.

D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
Galanis - 

"Fairly squarely"

GSP should NOT have beat Sean Sherk that easily. A case could be made that was his best performance. When you consider how tough Sherk is, how rarely he got finished or even dropped/hurt in a fight, and how GSP "hurt" him and made him say "aaarrrrg", that was a ferocious GSP.

Personally

GSP having Penn's corner stop the fight between 4th and 5th round was his best performance, but I know that has an * b/c of greasegate, but his two wins vs Hughes were impressive as well as his fight against Trigg.  I also liked seeing GSP's progress in his fights against Miller and Karo.

To be fair to Sherk, this was his first fight back after he retired for about a year. Doesn't take anything away from GSP's performance though. GSP showed amazing improvements in the second Penn fight.

GSP is awesome, but Matt Hughes is my boy though and I will always believe that if Matt was a few years younger he would have beat GSP in the rematch. Hughes fought GSP 2 months after his war with BJ.

D241 -
Country Breakfast - 
D241 - 
Country Breakfast - 
Galanis - 

"Fairly squarely"

Personally

No need for the quotes in "hurt"... Yeah, huge performance by GSP. The second Hughes fight was amazing too. Phone Post 3.0